27

TW: Mentions of Suicide

"Are you going to tell us what just happened?", Mor crossed her arms and squinted at Ryshand, "How did you 'ruin her life'."

She wore a blank expression. She didn't want to believe it. That her High Lord was one of the reasons for her state. That it was a possibility. It seemed like a stretch. Like this entire thing was a complete misunderstanding.

"Rhys.", Cassian lifted an eyebrow, "What the hell was that?"

Azriel kept silent, but still wishing for a more detailed story. Amren was just distracted. Trying to think about what could Sage be. There is no telling but for how long she's been alive, she had to find a clue.

Ryshand sighed and pinched his brows. He had reassured Feyre that he was fine, but had to sugar coat what was actually happening.

Sage was practicing her powers, she just got out of control.

He failed to mention who was the target. And why.

There was no going back to when his inner circle didn't know about Sage and his past, so he had to bite the bullet.

"When Feyre was with Tamlin...", he took a deep breath having to dread recalling the time, "And I was Under the Mountain. Amarantha wanted her name. But Feyre didn't give me her actual name.... she gave me Sage's."

It took a minute before it sunk in.

"What did you do?", Mor voice was a careful whisper. Her eyes wide.

Without directly saying it, Ryshand just shook his head, "I protected my mate."

"Mother above Rhys...", Cassian's jaw slacked. Though Feyre was their High Lady. They had nothing by underlying respect for what he did.

But it's easy to cover up their disappointment. To question out of all the possible outcomes that he could of drawn to, this was his only option.

He continued on and explained himself, "I didn't know her connection to Feyre until it was too late."

"Your reputation as High Lord of the Night Court perceives you.", Amren muttered. She wasn't afraid or even faultered when Rhysand gave her a look.

"I-.", Mor looked back in the direction Sage walked off to. "I'll be-."

"Do you think it's smart to try and talk with her after that.", Amren said. She then scanned the people before her. "If she wishes to wither in the room. None of us have the right to stop her. Especially you.", she turned to Rhysand.

He would usually agree. He wish he could agree. But there is one thing that he promised his mate. That he's take care of her sisters. And if she'd return to see Sage in the state she was in, it would be a disaster.

And he's yet to tell her how Sage was here in the first place.
______________________

Sage was on the floor in the bathroom. Water dripped from the faucet of the the sink, into a broken porcelain counter. It was cut right in half, a burn line shooting down the middle.

The mirror above wasn't just shattered any more, the glass pieces had fallen and dressed the floor. Some of it pierced into her skin but she didn't care. She couldn't feel it.