Chapter 26

A/N- Unless stated otherwise Kaida's speak will be English.

I feel the dragon start to move and travel across my right shoulder, down my arm, then a sudden weight on my hand.

Before I had a chance to open my eyes I hear a deep, gruff voice. "What can I help you with young one." Speaking in Archaic Chinese it says, a smile breaks out on my lips. I drop my left arm, open my eyes and are met with my old friend Kaida. I reply in his mother tongue, "Kaida, I request we speak in English please. I am not the only one that requires your assistance." He simply nods and wraps himself around my neck, nuzzling against my cheek. I giggle because it tickles a little. 

I run my hand over the top of his head repeatedly causing him to close his eyes and purr loudly. I step out of the summoning circle and make my way over towards Demi who still looks awe-struck. "Kaida, I'd like you to meet someone." I whisper as I stop stroking his head. He looks up at me and tilts his head to the side slightly, "Kaida meet Demi, Demi meet Kaida." I introduce them to each other and all Demi can muster is a smile with a small wave.

Kaida on the other hand decided that he wanted to have a bit of fun. He put on his "posh voice" as I like to call it and said, "Yes, I am quite spectacular. All that gaze upon me are always left unable to speak." As he says this, he rears up and puffs out his chest. I couldn't help but laugh, "Kaida cut the shit would you, you sound fucking stupid." He let out a deep belly laugh and replied in his normal voice, "Sorry, I couldn't help my self."

After the laughter calmed, I sat down next to Demi on the couch as gently as I could. "So young one, what can I do for you?" Kaida asked looking up at me. I briefly explained to him what has been happening recently and mentioned the injuries I caused Demi during our match as well as her rough recovery. He nodded, "I understand and I'm willing to help you young one." I was surprised he didn't need more convincing honestly; he usually does. "Really?" I asked a little stunned, to which he nodded. "But I would like to ask something of you and Demi in return." he stated and proceed to tell us that if we both agreed to the terms of the agreement, he wished to fuse half of his life force to her and the other half to me permanently in return for him healing her. He explained that although he is the most powerful elemental animal spirit, the spirit realm where he resides has been slowly dying and to guarantee the guardians survival - as well as the preservation on the ancient magic and knowledge they possess - they have to permanently fused with the witches they chose.

"I know you were not born a witch Demi but I do sense a great power within you and I would be honored to share my gifts with you, both of you." Kaida declared looking between us. We sat and spoke about it a little more before both Demi and I agreed to his terms. I glanced up at the clock on the wall opposite us and noticed it was almost time for dinner so I offered to cook for all of us. They both said yes and with Kaida loosely hanging around my neck, I helped Demi up and we made our way to the kitchen.

After the three of us ate and the dogs were feed, I introduced Kaida to Barry and Luna. They got along swimmingly. All of us relaxed in the living room watching TV until around 11pm and we all curled up together in my room, sleeping peacefully throughout the night.