Chapter 33

TW- Mentions of SA and violence. Read with caution.

It was just after breakfast the next morning and I was cleaning up around the house when there was a knock on the front door. Demi had taken the dogs out for a walk not that long ago so I was home alone. I walked to the front door and opened it, only to find two police officers stood there. "Hello there ma'am, are you Payton Black?" The taller one asked, "Yes that's me, how can I help you?" I reply. "I'm Officer Davis," The taller one said pointing to himself, "And this is Officer Gatlin." pointing to his slightly shorter partner. I crossed my arms over my chest and asked, "Is that about what happened last night?" The officers exchanged a look, "Yes ma'am, may we come in? The topic of conversation would be better discussed in private." Officer Davis said and I nodded, stepping aside to let them in.

Shutting the door behind me and leading them to the living room, I sent a quick text to Demi letting her know if she gets back soon and hears talking to not worry; explaining there were two police officers here and to not let the dogs into the living room. Upon entering the living room, I closed the door and we sat down on the couches. "So Miss. Black as I'm sure you're aware, we received a report last night about an attempted rape. But when the police department looked into it, the only evidence found was the man who witnesses say was the aggressor in the situation was violently beaten with multiple broken bones." Officer Gatlin said. I chuckled and replied, "Then you don't have all the evidence." Confusion flashed over their features so I continued, "I was going to come down to the station after my... uh how to put it... my housemate got home as she took care of me after everything happened but he recorded the whole thing and I have his phone." Withe confusion cleared up, they asked to see the phone.

I went and grabbed the phone, bringing it back down to the living room and handed it to them. They watched the video, from him dragging me into the room; right up until I beat him and noticed his phone. They bagged it up and asked a couple more questions, I answered honestly. Telling then exactly what happened last night, who I was with and when. They asked for the names and contact information of everyone I was with so I handed it all over apart from Raquel because informantion, I explained why and said Liv should have her info. They didn't have anymore questions so I showed them out and messaged Demi, Bianca, Drew, Liv - who I asked to pass on Raquel's info if the police contacted her - and Sheamus to tell them that the police were here and that I gave them their info. They all replied that they didn't mind so I carried on with cleaning, waiting for Demi to get home.

~~Time Skip~~

About an hour after Demi got home, she got a call from Damian asking if me and her wanted to hang out with him, Finn and Dominik. We agreed and I said they could all come over if they wanted too. Demi gave them our address and hung up. About 30 minutes later, there was a knock at the door so Demi went to answer it as I finished up food for all of us.

All five of us were scattered around the living room, playing video games and having fun when my phone started ringing. I pull it out of my pocket to find it was Adam Pearce calling me, I excused myself and answered the phone.

Phone Call

(AP is Adam Pearce and PB is Payton Black.)

PB: "What can I help you with Adam?"

AP: "Just wanted to let you know that I've had a couple people ask for a match against you."

PB: "Okay. Who?"

AP: "Well that's where is gets a little complicated because it's The Miz and Maryse asking for the match."

PB: "Why is that complicated Adam, I don't see a problem with it."

AP: "Well Payton, it's because some members of the creative team don't want you going up against The Miz alone. Even though we all know you could handle it, look at the last match you did on SmackDown. I mean come on but yeah, so if The Miz and Maryse want a match it'll have to be a mixed tag match."

PB: "Why don't you just give them a 2-on-1 no DQ (No Disqualification) match against me. It's not like they're gunna win anyway."

AP: "I'll see if the creative team would go for that and I'll get back to you. Have a good one Payton."

PB: "Yeah, have a good one Adam."

Phone Call End

And with that we hung up. I made my way back into the living room and Damian asked, "Who called?" I sighed, "Adam. Apparently The Miz and Maryse want a match against me but creative aren't liking the idea of me and The Miz as opponents so Adam said he's gunna see what he can do about making it a 2-on-1 no DQ match." I replied. They all nodded in agreement and we got back to enjoying each others company.