A Whole New Light

Jisoo frantically pulled the covers off of her and wore her discarded clothes.

She saw Rosie's clothes that Jennie had been wearing, still on the ground.

She burst into the bathroom and found Jennie's outfit that she borrowed from the café gone!

She gripped her head in both hands as her heart hurt from pain.

"Jennie...Jennie...Jennie..." she muttered the brunette's name over and over again to herself like a prayer, hoping she didn't leave already.

Jisoo scrambled out of her hotel room to Rosie's.

Maybe she went to Rosie's room and I'm fretting for nothing.

That reassurance didn't stop her hands from sweating and her heart from constricting tightly.

Rosie opened the door while rubbing the sleep out of her eyes.

"Is Jennie here?!" Jisoo asked worriedly.

Rosie immediately opened her eyes and asked, "She's not with you?"

The raven groaned in fear.

She left...she left me...

"We have to leave now! She's gone to the airport!"

Jisoo dashed off down the hallway and down the stairs, not having enough patience to go down the elevator.

She called a cab and waited a few minutes for it. Her blonde friend and the cab came at the same time.

She told the address of airport and shouted for him to drive quickly. The man was so scared that he drove them in 20 minutes.

Jisoo jumped out and ran inside while Rosie stayed behind to pay.

The raven frantically ran around the lobby of the airport before taking an escalator up to security.

She ran to security and saw Jennie in the back!

Her brunette lover was standing near the exit of security to go to her gate. Jisoo saw her run a hand through her hair.

Then she turned sideways and Jisoo called out with all her might, "JENNIE!"

She waved her arms back and forth so that she could see her but the doors closed behind Jennie and Jisoo didn't see her again.

••••••••••

Jisoo stood there for some time. Her eyes never leaving the security door.

She didn't move when Rosie finally came.

She didn't move when security told her to.

She didn't move when Rosie told her to eat something.

She didn't know what she was feeling but...

It hurt....it hurt a lot.

She had shared her whole life with Jennie and the brunette left her without saying goodbye.

She didn't even leave a note.

Or her address.

The last things she had said to me were a lie.

Had she wanted to use me for sex? As a fling? Money? For experimenting? She was a virgin...

But the more she thought about it, the more those options didn't make sense.

After a few more minutes of thinking, she walked away from that spot to Rosie who was leaning against the wall and silently sleeping.

Jisoo patted her shoulder. "Rosie...get up...let me take you to my house."