Puzzled Hearts

Jisoo stood in front of the entrance, looking at Jennie who was smiling.

"Welcome to my home." She said with her gummy smile.

Jisoo felt her heart skip and beat seeing her, looking like an actual princess in the floral outfit she wore.

Jisoo just nodded and a man came to take her and Rosie's bags as he started leading them to their rooms.

Rosie followed closely beside him, asking questions about the building and the man was more than happy to answer.

Jisoo walked silently a few feet behind. Jennie walked beside her and kept glancing at her every few minutes, trying to see her emotions.

But that was the thing. Jisoo didn't feel anything. She didn't have the right to. And she was going to make sure everything in the past stayed in the past.

Once they took the elevator up the 3 floors to the guest rooms, they had to walk down winding hallways and Jisoo thought they had already walked 2 miles before the butler stopped in front of a room and pointed to Jisoo.

"This is your room, Ma'am."

Jisoo nodded and took her bag from him to go inside while he took an excited Rosie to hers.

The raven placed her stuff on the bed and started opening zippers to unpack when she heard Jennie say, "You're here..."

Jisoo was probably imagining the longing in her voice.

Jisoo turned around with a smile. "I am."

Jennie took a hesitant step forward. "Why?"

"Your uncle told me that you didn't want bodyguards and I managed to protect you that one time so he brought me instead." She kept her tone casual and unbothered but her heart was anything but.

Jennie raised her eyebrows in surprise. "You're going to be my bodyguard?"

Jisoo smirked. "Apparently."

"And...how do you...feel...knowing I'm a—"

"Princess?" Jisoo crossed her arms over her chest. "It's not that big of a deal. I'll admit I was surprised."

Jennie took a tentative step closer. "You were just surprised?"

Jisoo smiled. "And elated! Imagine me who got to have sex with the Princess of Seoul! I was beyond happy about it!"

Jennie's face flushed red. "Excuse me?" Her voice was low and anger laced.

"Everyone in my work was talking about how pretty you were and how lucky they would be to be your boyfriend." Jisoo managed to keep the bitterness out of her voice. "So, I felt really...proud, I guess, to be the one that took your virginity away."

Jennie slapped her. She closed her eyes briefly and held her red cheek.

"Don't ever-ever talk to me like that." Jennie's voice cracked and Jisoo felt her heart pierce.

Jisoo stood up with a resolved expression. "I'm only telling the truth, Jendeuk."

She slapped her again and when Jisoo looked back, she could see Jennie's dark eyes filled with tears.

"It's Princess to you. And you fuck yourself, Jisoo! You made me cry in my own palace?! Watch what I'm going to do to you!"

Then she stormed out and Jisoo stared at the slammed door and released a breath while a tear fell down her cheek.

"I can handle you hating me, Jennie...but not you loving me."

••••••••••

Jennie ran to her room, trying to hold in her tears.