16. Secret Meeting

When it was time for bed, Dream followed Sam upstairs. There was a good chance Sam was going to offer him the guest bedroom, but Dream pulled him down into a kiss before he could say anything. When Sam opened his mouth to the kiss, Dream seductively teased along the other's lips before licking inside, and he heard Sam moan with want. He ran a hand down Sam's back and played with his tail, and after a moment, Sam's claws latched possessively onto his sides. Dream smiled, feeling victorious as Sam dragged him into his own bedroom.

Dream was sore as hell the next morning, but he was very satisfied after spending the night in Sam's bed, surrounded by his lover's scent, with Sam cuddled up to him and purring for most of the night.

Sam made him breakfast and doted on him once they got up, and he talked about his upcoming mating season, checking whether Dream still wanted to spend it with him. Dream agreed.

"Okay, just know I'm gonna keep you busy for a while," Sam chuckled, tail playfully wrapping around Dream's ankle under the table.

"I can handle it," Dream said.

"Honestly, I'm not sure you'll be able to. But I kinda like that, when someone is so worn out they can barely tell what's going on anymore, but they let me keep using them for my pleasure. It's..." Sam's face flushed. "Maybe that's a little messed up of me. But I can be... a bit sadistic, in that way."

"Sounds pretty hot to me," Dream said. "I want to see what that's like. I'll spend as much time with you as you need."

"Thank you. That'll really help me out. Mating season is horrible when you're alone."

After breakfast, Dream returned to working on his house. It was turning out nice, he thought. A humble little place, with flowers near the door, and he sheared some sheep to make himself a bed, though he didn't have the resources to dye the blanket green like he wanted. He would have to find a desert later to get some cactus green. Or maybe Sam would have some.

He decided he wanted the roof to be made of stone bricks, so he spent some time underground mining the stone he would need, then bringing it back to smelt it. He made a stonecutter so he could more easily shape the stone, then began carefully building his roof.

He was at it for a while, long enough for noon to arrive and pass, and he began thinking about lunch. He had some apples in his inventory from the trees he's cut down, but that didn't seem very filling. He laughed a little, thinking about how spoiled he's gotten from Sam's cooking.

He decided to eat an apple anyway, taking a break for a bit to lounge on the roof and read through the global chat on his communicator. It was nice just being able to lay out in the sunlight, and he made a mental note to add a porch to his house so he could lay outside on warm days.

Once Dream finished the apple, he messaged Punz asking if they could meet up later. Punz agreed and Dream told him which of their hidden meeting places to go to, and they worked out a time for later that afternoon. Once that was settled, Dream rested for a bit longer before getting back to work on the roof.

He finished it just in time to set off for his meeting with Punz. He said goodbye to Sam, letting him know he was heading back toward spawn.

"Are you going through the Nether?" Sam asked and Dream nodded. "I'll come with you, I want to make sure you know the way."

Dream agreed to that, always happy to spend time with Sam. He stayed close to Sam's side as they traveled, letting him protect him from any threats. Dream had made iron armor, not wanting to reveal yet that he had been given netherite, but he kept it off while in the Nether, as it felt too heavy and stifling. He needed time to get used to moving in armor again.