Chapter 38

TW- Swearing.

About a week after our arguement, Demi and I haven't really spoken. She goes out more and we avoid each other at any chance we get. I was going to a hair salon today to get my hair dyed and to get my hair cut because I need a bit of a change.

I arrived at the salon and only had to wait for a few minutes before the stylist I'd been booked with was ready. After some time my hair was done and I loved it. I asked if I could take a quick mirror selfie with my stylist so I could tag her and the salon on my Instagram and she happily agreed. I made a note of her's and the salon's Insta handles and left but not before paying and leaving a good tip for my stylist.

I got back to my car and posted the picture on my Instagram, tagging my stylist and the salon before setting off...

My phone was going crazy as I drove, I decided to go do a bit of shopping before heading home. I parked up outside of the mall and went inside. I shopped for a couple of hours; buying some new shoes, tops, pants, skirts, dresses and more. I had so many bags but I managed to make it back to my car and putting all of my new stuff in the trunk. I jumped into the drivers seat, turned on my car and headed home. It didn't take me long for me to pull into my driveway and get all the bags up into my room. I spent a good hour organising everything and when I was done, I grabbed something to eat before sitting on my bed scrolling through all my notifications.

I woke up the next morning and decided to go for a short run. I did my usual bathroom routine and changed into some workout gear...

I left my phone on my bedside table, headed down to the kitchen, made a quick protein shake and drank it before grabbing my house keys and left the house

I left my phone on my bedside table, headed down to the kitchen, made a quick protein shake and drank it before grabbing my house keys and left the house. In total, I ran about 5 miles by the time I got home again, I'd hadn't even started to sweat. I went up to my room, pulled off my hoodie; throwing it my laundry hamper and picked up my phone. With a quick scroll through my notifications, I saw a message from Adam asking if I made a decision yet. I sighed and made my way to my gym room to lift some weights, I needed to clear my mind a little.

After a couple of intense hours of lifting weights, Demi walked in and stopped when she noticed me. I had my headphones on and music playing with my back facing her but I knew she was there. I finished my set of overhead presses, reracked the dumbbells I was using, grabbed my phone and left the room. Well tried too, Demi grabbed my wrist stopping me. I pulled off my headphones and glared at her, "What." I said sharply.  She released a heavy sigh before asking, "Can we talk? Please." I pulled my hand from hers, "What could we possibly have to talk about. You made yourself pretty clear last week how you felt." I sneered, crossing my arms over my chest.

"I'm sorry okay. I just... Fuck... This stupid leg injury is pissing me off and I took it out on you." She says quietly, looking down at the floor. I pinched the bridge of my nose and took a deep breath, "That may have been the case but it doesn't give you the right to make it out to be my fault Demi. But I also said some things that I shouldn't have so for that, I am sorry too." I replied calmly. She looked up at me and gave me a half-hearted smile, "So where does this leave us?" she asked nervously. "To be honest with you Dems, I don't know." I said with a sigh, "But I think that maybe a break would do us both some good." Her eyes went wide and she started tearing up a little. I grabbed her hands and held them in mine, "It would give you time to fully recover and to focus on dominating the entirety of RAW with The Judgement Day." I told her softly but by this point, she has tears running down her cheeks.

"I've also thought a lot about me moving over to Smackdown this past week and I think it would be good to distance ourselves for a while. That doesn't mean I don't care about you anymore because I do Demi, I really do." I say wiping away her tears, "And I meant was I said the night I asked you to be mine. You are my everything Demi Bennett but I believe that this would be good for us and would help us be better and stronger together if that what fate decides." I finish, shedding tears of my own.

She nods in agreement but I know she doesn't like it and truth be told, neither do I. "You can still live here if you want, I'm not gunna kick you out because I'm not that kind of person but it is entirely up to you. I'm also not gunna force you to stay either, if you want to leave then I will let you go. I just hope that this doesn't hurt our friendship because I don't know if I could live with myself if I lost you completely." I say looking down, "I would never cut you out my life Payton. You are the best thing to ever happen to me and even though I don't like this, I respect your decision." Demi says, tilting my head up to look at her again. "I will make the most of our time apart to better myself for you and only for you because I..." She pauses and takes a deep breath before finishing her thought, "Because I love you Payton Black. Don't you ever forget that." I smiles up at her with more tears escaping both of our eyes, "I love you too Demi and I always will." I reply. She pulls me in for one last passionate kiss before I pull away a few moments later and walk away.

Hoping and praying that I just made the right decision.