Chapter 39

In the days that followed, I accepted the offer to move to SmackDown and Demi decided to move back to her own house. I helped her pack everything up which was only 2 suitcases, three bags and a bag of the dogs stuff; She packed up her car and left not long afterwards.

A few more days past and the only person I really talk to now is Bianca Belair. She texted me this morning just after I had breakfast - around 8:30am - saying that she was on her way over. That was it. Nothing more, nothing less. We were currently sat at my dining table with fabric, needles, threads adn an assortment of other things sprawled all over the place with her sewing machine set up at one end. Apparently, she thought I would be a good idea to help me make some new ring gear for my SmackDown debut; It was almost a week away now.

Don't get me wrong, I was having fun but stabbing myself with a needle every few seconds was really making me rethink agreeing to this. After several hours and multiple snack/drink breaks, my debut gear was done. I loved how it turned out, say what you want about Bianca Belair but she knows how to make phenomenal gear.

It was getting late so I offered Bianca to stay the night to which she agreed. I made us some turkey sandwiches with lettuce, tomato, bacon and mayo. We sat in the living room to eat, watching movies, talking and laughing until we both got tires so I showed Bianca to the guest room. I gave her some sweatpants and one of my merch tops I had lying around to sleep in. We said our goodnights and went to bed.

The next day, Bianca and I had some protein pancakes I made with a variety of fruits and a cup of coffee for breakfast before she left to go home and change for her photoshoots and signings today. I had to go and see Adam to sign my SmackDown contract just before lunch and then do my own signings this afternoon.

Once Bianca left, I headed to my room to pick out an outfit for the day and changed...

I brushed out my hair, loving I didn't need to do much with it and did some simple makeup; Which was only mascara and lipgloss

I brushed out my hair, loving I didn't need to do much with it and did some simple makeup; Which was only mascara and lipgloss. I grabbed my purse - making sure I had my phone, wallet and keys - I left the house, locking the door behind me. I arrived at Adam's office and knocked on the door. I hear him invite me in so I open the door and enter.

Closing the door behind me, Adam welcomes me in and gets me to sit down infront of his desk. "Good Morning Payton. How are you?" He asks as I sit down, "Morning Adam. Yeah, I'm doing better today. I had Bianca over yesterday, she helped me make some new ring gear for next week." I say with a slight smile. He chuckles and nods, "Good I'm glad your feeling a little better, today at least." I told him when I called to accept the brand move offer that I needed to distance myself from someone at RAW. When he asked who and why, I explained that it was Demi and that she had been staying with me but we haven't really been getting on lately. He's been checking up on me since, to make sure I'm okay.

We start talking about the contract, gimmick changes - if any - and possible storylines after brand move. We agreed that I'd keep my character and gimmick the same but officially as a tweener. I signed the contract and I left, making my way to the autograph signing I had today.

~~Time Skip to after the Signing~~

The signing lasted about 5 hours and had just finished. Of course Demi was there with The Judgment Day, we avoided each other but every so often we'd lock eyes. I could see the pain in her eyes which make me feel guilty about the whole situation, the good thing was that Bianca was there so she and the fans kept my attention diverted. I was gathered my things and was walking to the exit when I saw a young girl sat crying next to the wall, she looked to be around 13 years old. As I approached, I noticed she had on one of my merch shirts. I don't remember seeing her in line at the signing so I took a quick look around to see if I could spot anyone looking for their daughter but saw no-one.

I stopped a few feet away from her and asked, "Hey, are you okay?" She kept her head down and nodded, "You sure, you sounds like your crying sweetie." I said. I didn't want to spook her but I reached into my purse to pull out a tissue and handed it to her, "Thank you." she mumbled. "I hope you don't mind me asking but why are you sat here on your own? Where are your parents?" I asked cautiously, "My mom told me wait here so she could go to the bathroom but that was like 3 hours ago and now the signings over. I never even got to meet Skylar Morningstar." she said so quietly that if I didn't have enhanced hearing I would have missed it. I chuckled a little, "Oh honey, could you look up for me." she was a bit confused but did as I asked and when she did, her eyes nearly popped out of her head. "Come on, lets go find security and see if we can't find your mum." I said as I stood, holding out my hand to help her up, "She could have gotten side-tracked or lost her way, this place isn't exactly easy to navigate even with signs everywhere." I chuckled and so did she.

As we walked to the security desk I turned my head slightly to look down at her, "So you know my name, well my ring name at least but what's yours?" I asked with a giggle. "It's Tyra." She replied, sending me a small smile. (A/N - Tyra, pronounced Tie-ra.) We made it to the security desk and I explained the situation to one of guards. He asked her if she had a contact number for them to try and she told him that she'd already tried numerous times but gave it over anyway.

They spend over an hour calling but no-one ever answered and it was starting to get dark out. As they tried for the umpteenth time, I crouched down infront of Tyra. "I don't thing anyone is going to answer sweetie, is there anyone else we could try to contact for you?" I asked her but she just shook her head no, "It's only me and my mom." she said and started tearing up again. I moved to sit in the chair next to her and pulled her into a tight hug, telling her softly it was going to be okay and that we'd think of something.

The saw the guard walk over and shook his head, looking defeated. I gave a small nod of understanding and pulled back from Tyra, "Honey no-one is answering so would you like to stay with me tonight?" I asked, "Then in the morning, we can contact the police and inform them of what happened." She nodded, "Okay stay here a second I'm gunna go let security know." I said and got up, walking over to the desk. "So she's gunna be staying with me tonight and I'm gunna call the cops in the morning." I said. I asked for a pen and some paper which they gave me, "Here's my number..." I started handing it to them, "If someone calls or stops by asking about Tyra, give them my number and have them call me okay." They said they would and I thanked them. I called Tyra over and we left, walking to my car and I drove us back home.