Chapter 42

A/N- Anything on italics are thoughts.

It's the day before my SmackDown debut and Tyra is still in my care. Social Services couldn't find her a suitable foster placement so I offered to become her foster mother and the Social Worker in charge of Tyra's case - who is the same women they sent out with the police - agreed. Yesterday all the paperwork was filled out and finalized. When I told Tyra that I was officially her foster mother, she teared up. She kept asking if I was joking and that she didn't believe me so I showed her my copy of the paperwork. After she read it she charged at me, tackling me into a hug and burst into tears. I told her that no matter what, I would be there for her through her mothers trial as Tyra was needed to give her testimony.

I had already thought about what I was going to do if or more like when Tyra's mother was convicted. There was too much evidence against her for her not to get convicted in my mind. Once her parental rights were taken away, I was going to start the process of officially adopting Tyra; if she agreed of course. A lot has happened in the past week and all I want now is for Tyra to truely be happy and enjoy her life; not to be scared and worried about when she'll be able to eat next.

She's doing really well with her school work and her school has agreed for Tyra to do it all online so she doesn't have to stress about missing any. When Tyra asked me about doing it online, I asked about her friends and she said that she didn't really have any so online school would be better for her. So the same day she asked, I got everything set up with the Social Worker and her school and now she's thriving.

As of right now though, we are having a lunch break before you carried on with her online school day. I made us tacos filled with beef, lettuce, tomato and avacado with home-made salsa and guacamole. I sometimes have to reminding Tyra that while she's living with me, she can eat whenever she wants and that I'm not going to punish her for eating because I've noticed - at times - she's a little hesitant to eat.

We sit at the dining table eating, talking and laughing before it's time for her to get back to work and I decided to get a quick workout in as she does. I let her know where I'm going and head up to my room to change. I find and change into...

I walk into my gym room and start warming up by stretching my whole body with various yoga poses for about 10 minutes

I walk into my gym room and start warming up by stretching my whole body with various yoga poses for about 10 minutes. For the next two and half hours, I work my entire body with cardio such as; running on the treadmill, using the rower and using the stair master. Strength/Weight training such as; dumbbell seated shoulder presses, dumbbell bicep curls, bench presses and seated leg presses. Once done, I go up to my bathroom to have a quick shower, change and head back downstairs to check on Tyra.

She was just finishing up with her school work when I enter the kitchen. I prepare her a snack and a glass of juice as she clears her school things up. As she eats I ask, "So, what do you wanna do for the rest of the day?" She thinks for a moment before asking, "Can we play video games together?" I nod and she jumps up and bolts to the living room, I chuckle and start following behind. As I get to the living room doorway, there was a knock on the front door. "Get everything set up, I'm gunna go see who's at the door so please stay in here okay." I say and she nods.

I open the door to find Tyra's Social Worker, Agatha Sinclair. "Oh hi Agatha, what a lovely surprise. We weren't expecting you today but do come on in." I say moving to the side to allow her entry. "Thank you. Yes I do apologies for just showing up but I have some news that couldn't wait. Where's Tyra?" She asks as I close the door. I lead her to the living room where Tyra is waiting, "Tyra, sweetie Agatha's here. She has some news for us." I say upon entry, she gets up off the floor and sits on the couch. I sit down next to her and Agatha sits on the chair facing us, "So, the reason for this unplanned visit is because I found out this afternoon that your mother Tyra has been arrested and charged for her actions against you and against your sister." Agatha states.

Tyra looked up at me really confused before looking back to Agatha, "But I don't have a sister, it's always just been me and my mom for as long as I can remember." Tyra says. Agatha nods, "Yes well as we were doing our investigation, we found evidence and documentation of an older sibling. She was only 5 when you were born but when she was 3 years old, your mother... uhm well Tyra she started hurting your sister." Agatha said and went on to explain that a couple of workers at the daycare her sister attended started to notice bruises and other injuries so they reported it.

Ultimately, the child was taken away but nothing was done about it as Tyra's mother ran and changed her name and appearance. Tyra looked both shocked and upset about the fact she has a sister and she didn't even know it, "So is she still alive? If so does she know about me?" Tyra asked, sounding so downhearted. Agatha gave a brief smile, "Yes she is alive and we have contacted her. Unfortunately though, she lives in San Diego and can't travel but she does really want to meet you." she says.

'San Diego. Why does that ring a bell?' I thought. The it hit me, SmackDown is being held there in a month. "Sorry to interupt but if she wants to meet Tyra then we could arrange it." I said, they both looked at me dumbfounded. "Let me explain." I start while chuckling, "I have a show at the Pechanga Arena in San Diego next month so if she's available and everyone is okay with me taking Tyra, we could arrange for them to meet." I concluded.

Tyra's eyes lit up and Agatha said she'd see what she could do as I don't have any legal custody for Tyra due to me only being her foster mother. Even though Tyra was a little downcast, we both understood what Agatha was saying. Soon enough, Agatha left and I was left with a very upset looking Tyra. Then I got an idea, "Hey, why don't I show you my new ring gear for tomorrow hm." I said as I sat down next to her. Her head snapped back to look up at me so quickly, you'd have thought she gave herself whiplash and she nodded rapidly.

I chuckled and told her to follow me. I led her to my room and opened my closet; pulling out the gear Bianca Belair helped me make and lay it out on my bed for Tyra to see. She stared at it in awe as I told her I made it with help from Bianca. I stood beside her with a smile on my face, "How about you come with tomorrow and help me get ready. You can stay in my private locker room and watch live whilst I'm in the ring." I said. She turned to look at me with a tilted head and furrowed brows, "But Raw isn't tomorrow." she stated. I nodded, "I know but I've uh been moved to SmackDown and tomorrow night is my blue brand debut." I replied, crossing my arms.

"Is it because of your feud with The Judgement Day?" She questioned, "Yeah it is." I said moving my gaze down to the floor as I thought of Demi. Tyra hugged me so I hugged back and when we parted, I put my gear away. We chilled the rest of the afternoon playing video games, watching movies and eating before finally going to bed.