Chapter 37

"Learn the rules,
so you can break them properly.
But don't be foolish enough to get caught."

➳➳➳➳➳┄┄※┄┄➳➳➳➳➳

As the new term at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry commenced, the air was abuzz with excitement and anticipation for the upcoming quidditch match between Slytherin and Ravenclaw.

But as the final match was about to approached, Draco found himself grappling with a rare emotion - worry. It was a feeling he kept hidden behind his confident facade, but Clarissa, was the only one who truly knew him, could see through his bravado.

On the day before the match, Draco paced back and forth in his dormitory, his mind racing with thoughts of the impending game. His usually sharp features were creased with anxiety, and his usually composed demeanor was replaced with a palpable unease. He knew that the outcome of the match would have a profound impact on Slytherin's chances of winning the quidditch cup.

Clarissa approached him with a gentle touch on his arm. "Draco," she said softly, her voice carrying a calming reassurance. "You've trained hard for this. You're prepared. You've got this."

Draco turned to her, his stormy grey eyes meeting her warm gaze. "What if I mess up?" he blurted out, his voice betraying his inner turmoil. "What if I let the team down?"

Clarissa's hand on his arm tightened ever so slightly, conveying her unwavering support. "You won't," she said firmly. "You're an incredible seeker, Draco. You've worked tirelessly for this moment, and your dedication and skill will shine through. Have faith in yourself."

Draco took a deep breath, his tension gradually easing as he looked into Clarissa's reassuring eyes. Her unwavering belief in him stirred something within him, igniting a renewed sense of determination.

"I won't let you down," he said, his voice steady and resolute. "I'll give it my all."

Clarissa smiled, her expression filled with pride. "That's the Draco I know," she said softly. "You've got this, and we'll be cheering you on every step of the way."

Draco nodded, a flicker of determination lighting up his eyes. With Clarissa's encouragement, he found renewed confidence and purpose. He knew that he would step onto the quidditch pitch the next day with a clear mind and a heart full of determination.

The morning of the match arrived, and the atmosphere in the quidditch stadium was electrifying. As the Slytherin and Ravenclaw teams took to the pitch, Draco felt a surge of adrenaline coursing through his veins. He mounted his broom, his focus razor-sharp as he scanned the skies for the elusive golden snitch.

The match was intense, with both teams displaying impressive skills and strategies. Draco flew with precision and agility, his eyes scanning the pitch for any sign of the elusive snitch. The tension in the stadium was palpable, and Draco's heart pounded in his chest as he raced through the air, determined to catch the snitch and secure victory for Slytherin.

Minutes stretched into what felt like hours, and just as Draco's focus began to waver, he spotted a glimmer of gold in the distance. With a burst of speed, he dove towards the snitch, his hand outstretched, and he felt a surge of triumph as he closed his fingers around the elusive golden ball.

Draco basked in the glory of victory as the Slytherin stands erupted into cheers, the green and silver flags waving triumphantly in the air. He held the snitch tightly in his hand, the fluttering wings of the tiny golden ball still audible even amidst the raucous celebration. For years, Draco had dedicated himself to quidditch, training tirelessly and pushing himself to be the best. And now, as he stood victorious in the final match against the Ravenclaws, all his hard work had paid off.