STAR LIGHT GUIDE ME HOME ON CHRISTMAS NIGHT

It was the eve of Christmas and 10 year old, Peter Stark was walking between his parents, Tony and Pepper. They had gone to see the big Christmas tree in the city centre at about 8:30 and the boy was amazed at the sight of the biggest Christmas tree he had ever seen with the brightest star.

Tony and Pepper always brought Peter here on Christmas Eve to see the tree and hear the sweet carols that the choir would sing. Everything was going smoothly but the sound of people screaming could be heard for a  distance which alerted them and Tony got a message from the Avengers to get ready for a fight.

"Take Pete and go back in the car." Tony whispered to Pepper and he kissed Peter's forehead and left to save the night.

"Pete, let's go honey." Pepper said and carried Peter towards the car but it was covered with a thick layer of snow.

"Mommy. Where did daddy go?" Peter asked.

"He's coming soon." Pepper replied and was about to walk home but the whole crowd started to run here and there which didn't help the mother-son to go anywhere. Pepper didn't stop and continued to run in any direction which was available.

Peter was holding to his mom's dress tightly as she ran and there were many people who were running in any possible direction. Pepper reached the battle ground where Tony and the other Avengers were fighting and she turned the other way but one of the villian saw her and shot a bullet towards her but Tony shot him and pushed Pepper out of the way.

"Come with me!" Tony said as he took them in the opposite are to the giant Christmas tree.

The attacker, who was a giant robot started to lift any nearby object, including people, and throw it towards the Avengers, who caught each and every one. Peter was about to be taken but Pepper held his hand and ran further but they couldn't go far as the robot caught her.

"Mommy!" Peter screamed with tears in his eyes but Pepper couldn't do anything. Tony flew towards the robot and shot a final blast which finished it completely and caught Pepper before she could fall.

"Everyone okay?" Strange asked as he came flying down.

"Yeah." Steve and Clint said while Bruce came back to normal form.

Natasha picked up her fallen weapons while Pepper and Tony went to look for their son and seeing them go the other Avengers followed.

"Peter!" Tony called.

"Tony, sky!" Strange said and he and Tony flew up to check.

"Pete?" Natasha picked up a wooden part which covered a path.

"Peter!" Clint and Bruce continued to call out.

"Peter?!" Thor said as he checked the cars.

"Peter!" Pepper voice was very saddened.

Peter, on the other hand, was walking towards the giant Christmas tree with tears in his eyes as he couldn't find his parents or any of the Avengers to take him home. He just wanted to go home, sit next to his Christmas tree along with his parents, watch movies, eat and sleep. He had heard a story in which the star on the tree grants whatever wish you ask and he's gonna make a wish.

He stood infront of the tree, where the decorations and chairs were placed and the snow was removed from the path and kept on the sides. There were all kinds of decorations on the tree and few statues of Angels below. Peter was feeling cold even though he was wearing a hoodie as it was almost mid night and he wasn't home near the fireplace.

"I heard that you grant the wishes what anyone asked." Peter said, "I don't want anything tomorrow, all I want is my daddy and mommy to find me. I promise to not create any trouble and be a good boy, please guide me home."

Peter continued to look at the tree which was about seven to eight times his height.

Meanwhile, Tony and Strange came back with a sad face as they couldn't find Peter anywhere in the wreckage and the nearby area. Pepper sat down on a car and began to cry and Natasha tried to calm her down, Tony too was having tears and the Avengers also were sad.

"You'll know that if he was home, he would be sitting next to his tree and looking at the Angels on it including the star." Tony said in a low and sad voice.

"There is one here to but-" Thor said but stopped when he saw everyone's face lit up.

"He could be there." Pepper said.

"We searched in the opposite direction this whole time when he could have gone back." Bruce said.

"Hurry up!" Steve said and they raced towards the tree, whose star could be seen shining brightly even from the distance.

Tony and Pepper reached first and went infront and saw their son looking at the tree.

"Petey Pie." Tony said and Peter turned around and a huge smile came on their faces.

Peter ran towards them and they also ran towards him and kneeled down to give their boy a bear hug.

"Are you okay?" Pepper asked.

"Yes." Peter replied. "Daddy, I wanna go home."

"Yes, we're going home." Tony carried his son and wiped his tears as the other Avengers joined them.

"Can we all have hot chocolate?" Peter asked.

"Ofcourse!" They all replied as they went back to the tower to celebrate Christmas.