Chapter 2: Domestic Disturbance

Y/N's POV

I get to the bakery as soon as possible just to put some space between myself and John after spending close to an hour on my makeup. Rebecca is in the door shortly after I arrive.

"So how bad is it this time, Y/N?" She questions, never meeting my eyes. When I don't answer, she continues, "I know it's bad because you're wearing long sleeves with a turtleneck and it's 75 degrees outside." I keep working before she takes my hands, "Why didn't you call me?" She pleads.

"And say what, Rebecca," I hold back the tears that are choking me, "Captain America has beat the fuck out of me and done even worse after I blacked out?"

We hear the door chime signaling Clint's arrival.

I look at her pleadingly before she whispers, "I'll take care of it."

She walks out before sticking her head back in, "It's Clint and Bucky."

I suck in a deep breath, wiping my hands on my apron before walking out. I plaster a fake smile on my face. "Good morning, guys. What can I do for you?" I ask, attempting to be more chipper than I feel.

"Bucky here, has something he wants to say," Clint bumps his shoulder.

"Does he?" I shake my head, looking at Bucky. "I think he said everything he needed to last night." I cross my arms, challengingly. Something about Bucky makes me feel like I'm dealing with a stubborn big brother.

"Well," he huffs. "I may have been a bit out of line last night."

"Hmmm," I laugh, "Is that your form of an apology?"

He looks up at me, glaring, "You know you're just as big of a pain in the ass as me?"

"Somehow I find that hard to believe." I turn and walk back into the back hearing Clint call my name.

Clint's POV

"Well that went well," I glare over at Bucky as we walk back towards the compound. "Buck, something happened last night." I shake my head.

"What are you on about Clint?" Bucky asks.

"She always greets me in the morning and she never wears that much make-up. Plus, I don't like the way John kept grabbing her last night... Something's up." I shrug, feeling uneasy.

"She's a big girl. She can take care of herself, besides- I don't think John would risk being Captain America over some brat," Bucky spits.

I've had about enough. I step in front of him, "That's enough. I'm not gonna let you keep being an ass. Just because you don't like John, doesn't mean you can treat Y/N like shit."

He shoves past me and walks, huffing, into the compound.

I wait for a little while before sneaking out and taking my normal post on the building opposite the bakery. We haven't had any missions and I can't shake that something bad is going on with Y/N and Walker. I'd never be able to forgive myself if something happens to her that I could have stopped.

Around 4:30 that afternoon, FRIDAY comes on overhead while we all sit in the living room, "Mr Barnes, there is a delivery for you at the front gate." Tony turns on the screen and I see Rebecca standing there with a large pink box. Tony lets her in and she walks up to the door.

Rebecca wears a cheeky smile as she hands Bucky the box. I can't help but grin myself as I stand in the doorway.

"I didn't order anything," Bucky says confused.

"Oh, Y/N said this one was on the house," she laughs and turns around without another word.

We all follow Bucky into the kitchen. He flips open the note that is taped to the top: