Chapter 22: Mini Muffins

Clint's POV

Your best friend, of course, agrees to marry Bucky after giving him a hard time about- and I quote- using foul language during the proposal. I thought death may part them right then. Our lives will never be boring, that's for sure. You and I go upstairs to change before making our way down to the chopper. Tony elected we use it since it can move quicker than the Quinjet in case we get to our destination and you go into labor.

You are asleep in the passenger seat before we have even entered the air. I smile over at you, my beautiful wife... even with your mouth agape the deeper you slip into your dreams. We fly for a couple of hours before landing at the Mohonk Mountain House. I nudge you ever so gently to wake you up.

"Hey love," I kiss your cheek gently, "We're here."

You stretch and look around, "Where exactly is here?"

"Come on and I'll show you. Of course, you'll be able to see more in the morning." I take your hand and help you out of the chopper. We approach the massive resort we will be staying in for the next few weeks. This place has everything but I can tell how tired you are. I walk us to the check-in desk and get the key before showing you to our room.

The concierge arranges for us to be taken to the Grove Lodge that the team rented as our wedding present. When we step onto the large wrap-around porch and approach the door, I attempt to pick you up and you side-step me, "Uhh, Mr. Barton, what do you think you're doing?"

I laugh, "Well, I was going to try to carry you over the threshold."

"Clint Barton," you laugh, "while I appreciate the sentiment, I don't see the wheelbarrow that will be required to accomplish such a task."

I shake my head and take your hand, escorting you inside. The look of awe on your face is one that I will do whatever must be done to keep it there. The 'Great Room' is a massive room at the center of the lodge with beautiful exposed wooden beams, floor-to-ceiling windows, a large fireplace, and high cathedral ceilings. The chairs in this room are so comfortable and are perfectly placed in the center of the room to observe the many views that lie just beyond the large windows.

This lodge has 6 bedrooms, patios off of every room, stone fireplaces, and a massive bathroom with a huge soaking tub. Looking at you, I am aware of how hard you are trying to fight the exhaustion. I take your hand and lead you to our room, "Muffin, get undressed and meet me in the bathroom in 5 minutes."

While you are changing, I go into the bathroom and run you a warm bath before lighting candles and placing them around the tub. When you step inside, small tears form in the corners of your eyes. Your hands go down and reflexively stroke your round belly. I extend my hand and allow you to slip yours into mine before assisting you into the tub. I quickly pull off my clothes and climb in behind you, letting you rest back against me.

"Clint?" You whisper, looking up at me.

"Hmm?" I grin on your lips as I bend down to kiss you.

"I am so proud to be your wife and soon, the mother of your children... well one of them," you laugh, "Laura and I are two lucky women."

I laugh, causing the water to splash out of the tub, "You know, I thought we were going to have a sweet moment but you just don't know when to stop talking."

You laugh and cockily wrap my arms around your waist, resting my hands on your bump, "And they're gonna be just like me."

"Welp, there goes the compound," I kiss your neck softly as a moan escapes your beautiful lips.

Y/N's POV

Clint's lips glide over my neck, sending a spark of electricity throughout my body. How does this man do this to me? I smile and turn my head, giving him further access which he immediately seizes, closing his mouth on my neck and ear. I groan, resting my head back onto his chest as he gently places soft kisses on every inch of skin he can reach. His hand dips beneath the water and touches me so intimately. He continues with me so gently until I come unglued in his arms.