Chapter 8: Survival Skills

Clint's POV

I know something is up from the wicked grin plastered on your beautiful mouth. "What did you do?" I grumble from the bed, "And why are you up?"

"Interesting thing, early risers." You grin, walking back to me and sitting on your bed, "I just caught Miss Rebecca coming from Bucky's room doing the walk-of-shame!"

"NO!!!" I laugh sitting straight up. "Oh, I'm so gonna give him hell for this! But... you know, Muffin, you were also doing the walk-of-shame?"

"No!" You giggle, climbing on the bed, "That will be you later."

"Touche!" I whisper, my eyes scanning your overly sexy body.

You smile down at me, the mischievousness disappearing from your eyes as you lean down and kiss me. "Thank you," you whisper.

"For what?" I ask, somewhat still asleep.

"For last night." You fiddle with the hem of my tank top you're wearing, "I... I never knew that that could be like... well like that."

"That's why I love you- you're so articulate," I tease, smiling.

"Shut up Barton or you will starve!" Your laughter goes clear up to your eyes before you kiss me and head down to the kitchen to start breakfast.

I lay in your bed and replay last night. God, you are so perfect. I never believed love like this was even possible after Laura. I know we have a long way to go- but damn- I can't wait to do it all with you. I can't think about what John put you through without getting irrationally angry. There is a special place in hell reserved for someone that would put an angel through what he has.

I get up and get dressed before heading to the elevator. Rebecca walks out of Bucky's room with him as the doors are about to close. I hold it for them and they both walk in. I pull my lips into my mouth and glance at my shoes trying not to laugh, "So..."

"Nobody asked you a damn thing Barton," Rebecca snaps as the doors open and she almost sprints off towards the kitchen.

I can't help but laugh over at Bucky, "Looks like we've both got our hands full."

"I don't know what the fuck happened, man! One minute we're yelling at each other, the next we're ripping each other's clothes off!" Bucky shakes his head, "She makes me crazy!"

I grin as I see her reach the kitchen and whisper something in your ear that makes you laugh. "Yeah," I smile, not able to take my eyes off of you. "I know what you mean."

Bucky looks over at me and I can sense his smug grin, "Looks like I'm not the only one that got muffins last night."

"Oh shut up, Buck!" I laugh, shoving him playfully as we make it to the kitchen and I wrap my arms around you from behind. I kiss your head before accepting my coffee from you.

The team slowly starts to make their way in as you finish breakfast. Everyone looks slightly hung over. They all take their seat at the table. Tony and Nat rest their head in their hands while Bruce lays his head on the table.

"Looks like everyone had a hell of a night," you sing cheerfully as you sweep into the room bringing breakfast trays.

Tony perks up when you hand him his coffee before casting suspicious glances between the two of us. "Yeah, speaking of last night," he motions between us two as you rest your hands on the back of my chair, "You two never made it down for fireworks. And you two," he motions to Bucky and Rebecca, "Disappeared after arguing all night."

Blushes form on all of our faces before Tony groans, "Oh gross!"

"Oh shut up, Tony," you laugh, shaking your head, "Acting like your room isn't Ellis Island in the 1800s...Accepting everyone!"