Chapter 17: John Walker Must Die

Y/N's POV

"I told you I'd see you again, baby," John says calmly, leaning against the doorway of the kitchen with his arms folded.

"A...And here you are," I clear my throat, trying to keep my nerve. "Now, what do you want?" I move, putting the island between us. I don't wait for his answer, "FRIDAY, please alert To..."

"Oh, I've already smashed little FRIDAY's speaker, love. Thought we could use a little alone time, don't you?" He unfolds his arms and begins to saunter in my direction, "We do have a lot to catch up on."

"I think so... like why you killed your little whore-ibble girlfriend," I move, keeping the island between us.

"Well," he leans over, placing his hands on the counter, "For starters, she was in the way. She actually thought I was going to leave you for her. Delusional," He circles his head with his finger with a whistle.

The motion makes me laugh, "Now if that isn't the pot calling the kettle black."

He ignores me, "You should hear some of the things she said about you. I couldn't just let that go." He shakes his head as if he's waiting for me to thank him, "Anyway, I never lied when I told you I loved you."

"THAT. WASN'T. LOVE, JOHN!" I yell, having heard enough as I slam my hands down on the island.

I apparently get too close because his hand closes around my throat, "I also never lied when I said you were mine. You belong to me. You will ALWAYS belong to me!" I am struggling against his hand that is cutting off my air supply as he lifts me before walking around the island, closing the distance between us. He loosens his grip only slightly before kissing me hard, "God, I've missed those lips." He runs his hand down my body, making me want to gag, "Want to know what else I've missed?"

"Your humanity, you bastard!" I bring my elbow down into the crook of his arm, making him release me before I bring it back up into his nose.

I grimace as I dart toward the door after hearing his nose break.

"You little, bitch!" He yells, flipping the island before heading toward me.

"Stop wrecking my cafe!" I yell frustrated as I run through the darkness and fumble with the lock to the front door. John would have reached me if he hadn't tripped over one of the small reading tables. I must remember to thank Nat for designing this maze... if I make it out of here. I just manage to get the door unlocked before barreling out into the street, almost running smack into Clint.

"He... He..." I try to catch my breath as he wraps his arms around me. I motion toward the café, "HE'S IN THERE!!"

Clint's POV

Tony lands behind us in his suit while Nat, Bruce, and Bucky pull up in the car.

"Bruce," I shove you toward him, "Get her back to the compound."

"What?!?" You begin to object, "He's the Hulk!"

"Who already has enough on his conscience, now go," I yell. When you refuse to move, I lean down, "Go willingly or I will have him throw you over his shoulder and take you back, kicking and screaming the whole way. Either way, you're leaving!"

Nice Clint, you'll have to apologize for that later.

My sternness must have caught you off guard. As Walker finally bursts through the door, you are already in the car with Bruce and heading toward the compound.

"Stand down, Walker," Tony orders, his hands trained on him, ready to fire.

"You all will never be able to keep me away from her," he grimaces, "You'll have to kill me first."