Chapter 5: Fight Club

Clint's POV

I am far more excited to see you than I probably should be but I can't help it. When we walk into the compound, I find you and Rebecca asleep on the couch, your heads resting together. I clear my throat and the smile that floods your face when your eyes flutter open makes the last few days of hell worth it all. You run into my arms, letting Rebecca fall against the couch, jolting awake.

Bruce has just come down when Tony whispers to him, "Glad to see my house is still standing. Did he give her much trouble?"

Bruce laughs, "Not that she couldn't handle."

Bucky is down in a few moments, stalking toward the kitchen, "Tony, you've got to get some better security. Apparently, any kind of riff-raff can get in here."

I watch as you and Rebecca share a look and burst into song, "Riff-raff? Street rat? I don't buy that."

Tony smirks and continues, "If only they'd look closer," dancing closer to Bucky, "Would they see a poor boy?"

I can't help but join in, "No sir-ee! They'd find out there's so much more to me!"

I watch as you start laughing so hard, you are having trouble catching your breath. Bucky is fuming, "You think this is funny, Trouble? We'll see how much you're laughing after training today!" He stalks back up the stairs.

You grin and hug me again, "Well if it isn't Tony Snark and the Avengers. Come on, we made you guys some treats."

A few hours and some sleep later, I walk down to see you sparring with Bucky. He really isn't letting up. He is barely holding his punches. I can see you growing more and more frustrated every time you hit the mat. When he lands the next punch to your side, I almost walk in to stop him when Bucky looks down at you.

"Y/N, you have to focus." Bucky's voice is soft but serious, "If you can't stop me, you definitely can't stop Walker."

"I'm trying, Buck!" You retort as he helps you back to your feet.

"Trying isn't good enough, Trouble! You're quick but being quick isn't going to save you- not against him. You're going to have to use anything and everything at your disposal- mats, clothes, hair, curtains, weapons, whatever."

You sit down and pull your knees to your chest, placing your head on them, "I'm not a fighter Buck!"

He sighs and sits down next to you, bumping your arm with his, "The fuck you're not. You fight me every chance you get." He smirks, "Look Y/N, you're the closest thing I've ever had to a sister and I don't want to see you get hurt and I sure as hell don't like seeing you afraid."

"Aww, you do care," you tease, grinning from ear to ear.

"First rule of fight club, Trouble," Bucky stands, offering you his hand.

"Yeah yeah, Sergeant Asshole. I know," you laugh.

My chest swells with pride as I watch you take his hand before you stand and begin again. It's good to finally see Bucky connecting with someone and for you to know that more than a few of us are in your corner.

Y/N's POV

Sparring with Bucky in the last few sessions has been very helpful. He has been teaching me how to use any and everything I can to my advantage. He pushes me- harder than I've been pushed in a while. I train with him, Nat, and Clint with each one pushing me in a different way.

Tony came to me after my 5th week in the compound and asked if I wanted to stay. I can't describe the joy I felt before I leaped into his arms, hugging him tight. He told me the only stipulation was that I would have to find at least a few healthy sweet options since he wasn't getting any younger and the extra weight was not kind to the suits.