Chapter 15: Cupcake for Your Thoughts

Clint's POV

You have been working non-stop at the cafe for the last several weeks as we prepare for our little getaway. Rebecca and Nat have both agreed to take care of things while we're gone. If anyone would have told me that Nat would become a baker... I would have laughed in their face. She couldn't even make toast when she stayed with Laura and me.

Laura... I've decided that this trip is the perfect opportunity to clear the air and answer any questions that may still linger in the corners of your mind. I hate that things ended the way they did but my kids... I sigh to myself, fighting back the tears as I finish packing our suitcase... My kiddos deserved better.

"Cupcake for your thoughts, my love?" I look up to see you- my angel that lightens the burden I carry- standing in the doorway.

I smile, walking over to you before cupping your beautiful face in my hands. Placing a soft kiss on your lips, I whisper, "Just ready to get going. I've got us all packed."

You give me a skeptical grin as you take the suitcase and open it, "Clint Barton! You've only packed toiletries and one outfit a piece!"

"SO?" I shrug.

"We're going for 2 weeks!"

I rub the back of my head, grinning cheekily, "I was hoping we wouldn't be leaving the cabin."

You laugh heartily before shoving me downstairs to pack snacks and food while you plan our, hopefully unneeded, wardrobes for the next few weeks. Within a half hour, you emerge with 2 large suitcases. I take them from you with a huff before loading them into the plane. When I come back in, you are hugging Rebecca and Bucky. Bruce waves at us from the kitchen as I slip my arm around your waist. Nat has been at the café this morning holding down the fort.

"Please have fun but... just don't wreck my plane, Barton." Tony smiles before slipping his arms around you and kissing your temple, "Have fun, kiddo."

You and I climb aboard the plane before I settle into the pilot's seat and pull on my headset. You follow suit, slipping on your own headset.

The flight takes about 4 hours which you sleep most of. I'm glad you can finally rest. You deserve it. You have handled that café like a champ.

Y/N's POV

I wake up to Clint shaking me slightly. I stretch with a low groan before looking around. We are surrounded by tall trees and the bluest sky I've ever seen. Clint helps me out of the plane and walks me to a large wooden cabin. When I look out, all I can see are trees and mountains in the distance. They are vibrantly colored, reflecting the cool, fall air that whispers throughout the mountain. The air is crisp and clean.

I follow Clint to a cabin that has been named Body and Soul. It seems to sprout out of the mountainside itself. The large windows let in so much sunlight, it is breathtaking. The porch has a huge hot tub and several chairs for lounging and taking in the view. Just inside the doors, there is a spacious living room that leads to an open kitchen. Up the stairs is the large bedroom with another set of massive windows that leads back to a bathroom with a massive tub and an even larger walk-in shower.

Looking back, I see Clint more in his element than he's ever been, "Well, whaddya think?" He places his hands proudly on his hips. He fits in nicely with his red and black open plaid shirt over a black shirt and blue jeans. His sleeves are rolled up to his elbows, showing off his forearms.

I smile before walking into his arms "I think anywhere with you is great but this is magnificent! The view is amazing," I gesture out the window. "But you," I grin, looking him up and down, "You look like a sexy lumberjack."