Chapter 10: Breathing

Clint's POV

Holy shit, you are so damn sexy! I pull you into my arms and kiss you sweetly before shooting John a smug grin as I watch his angry face disappear around the corner. He is being transported back for holding until we escort him to The Raft. When I turn back around, you are already wrapped in Bucky's brotherly embrace. He lifts you happily off of your feet. You are swarmed by your new family as we celebrate this major victory with you. I can not shake the uneasiness that I am getting from your disappearance just before the proceedings but now is not the time. Now, you get to celebrate.

"Alright, Little Warrior," Tony smiles down at you as his hands rest on your shoulders, "I have a surprise for you."

He tells you about the vacation and you act completely surprised, jumping up and down before hugging him. Our group is buzzing from excitement and pride while you- the smile on your face has not faded for an instant. I smile with pride as I pull you close to me, escorting you to the car.

You climb in and I take your hand, smiling over at you before pulling you over to me and pressing a passionate kiss to your lips, "I love you, Muffin."

"I love you, Clint." Your lips are on mine again, kissing me hungrily.

"Uhum," Rebecca clears her throat, before making fake barfing noises, "If you two would kindly refrain from ripping one another's clothes off while I am in the back seat, it would be much appreciated."

You look back at her and I swear you two are secretly sisters. "Why? Were you planning on 'getting under Bucky's skin' again?" You laugh and from the look on her face through the rearview mirror, I can sense I have missed a fantastic inside joke.

She rolls her eyes, "Look, I'm just looking for a reason to get into The Raft to finish that prick off- keep talking and you're gonna be it."

You giggle and settle back into your seat, "Ughh I love you, too."

I look back to see an awkwardly silent Bucky in the back seat.

The rest of the ride consisted of us trying to guess where Tony may be taking us on vacation since he refused to give up anything further than, 'pack for warm weather.'

We arrive back at the compound and head to our rooms to pack. I come over to check on you to find you packed and sitting on your bed, "You alright, Muffin?"

"Yeah," you nod, "There is something I wanted to talk to you about..."

"Ok?" I sit down and take your hand.

"Before the proceedings," you take a deep breath. Wherever this is going, I know I'm not going to like it. "I uh... I went to see John." Before I can respond, you start speaking quicker. "I know you wouldn't let me but the man said John would plead guilty if I gave him 15 minutes!"

"And you believed him?!?" The sound of my own angry voice erupting from my lips shocks me. "When, after how many years of lying and abuse, did he suddenly cross the line into honesty?" I stand up and start to pace in front of you, "Y/N, of all the stupid and careless things to pull..."

"Clint Barton, you better shut your damn mouth right now!" I was not expecting that from you. Your voice is strong, steady, and determined. "I have put up with a man breathing down my neck, unable to make my own decisions for too damn long and that shit stops NOW! You are the last person I expected this from."

I take a step back. Had I just become John Walker? What the fuck Clint?

"You didn't even ask me why," the tears were welling in your eyes now. "I had questions that, as you put it, 'after years of lying and abuse' that I think I deserved answers!"