Part 16: A Truce

My heart feels like it is about to beat out of my chest, my palms are sweating, and my hands are shaking. No one has ever been able to piss me off the way Jerry can. I take a deep breath and gather my panties into my hand. I need to wash my hands, I need to splash some cold water on my face, and I need to figure out what the fuck I am going to do next. Maybe I can call their manager and see if I can get Layne out of this contract, maybe I can kidnap him and just drive out to the desert.

I stand from my desk and decide that first, I need to wash my fucking hands and put my panties back on. I walk past the waiting room to the restrooms in the hall. I turn the handle for the women's restroom and it is locked. I look around to see if anyone is coming and try the men's restroom handle. It gives and I push it open.

Jerry is standing at the sink. His hands are on either side of the porcelain trough, and he is looking down. He turns his head to face the door as it closes and upon seeing me he shakes his head. He stands to his full height, then leans his hip against the sink and crosses his arms. He raises his eyebrows at me, waiting for me to speak.

I close the door behind me and lock it. His eyes widen then narrow. He doesn't trust me.

I walk toward him and wrap my arms around his waist. Hugging him tightly to me and smelling his distinct smell. He freezes, his body is stiff. Then I begin to sob uncontrollably. The fear of Layne leaving and relapsing, and the emotional argument with Jerry bubbling out of me and onto Jerry's soft shirt. I squeeze him tightly to me. He brushes his hand down my hair and kisses my temple.

"I"m sorry," he says quietly. "I shouldn't have said that to you." He leans back and looks down at my face. He wipes the tears from my cheeks.

"I'm sorry that this has ended up this way," I say alluding to his and my now tense relationship.

He shakes his head. "I'm the one that fucked this up," he says and motions with his finger between the two of us.

I laugh a little then step back from him. "No, you have always been honest with me, Jer, I wish I would have been honest with you when I started to have feelings for Layne."

He nods and looks at the ground. "So what is really going on?" I ask.

He looks at me, his lips slightly turning up. "It's too heavy of a talk to have next to a urinal," he says and gestures to the urinal next to me.

I chuckle and say, "wanna get a coffee and talk about it?"

He shrugs and says, "Not really, but if it will get you to talk to Layne then sure."

I chuckle, Jerry has never been one to mince words.

"Okay, well I need to put these back on," I say and show him the panties in my hand.

"Are you seeing someone you work with?" He asks, this time his tone is less of an accusation and more of a question.

I shake my head "No." I hear his breath catch as I drag the panties over my thighs in front of him.

"You are manipulative and intoxicating though; I won't take that insult back," He says with a chuckle. My breath catches when my eyes meet his. He is looking down at me with that soft, lustful expression of his that has always made my toes curl.

"Let's get a coffee," I say and turn away from him before I begin to fantasize about him bending me over the sink and stretching me in all directions to accommodate his thick length.

He grabs my arm before we leave and says, "Wait, let me check to make sure there isn't anyone out there, you don't want people to think you are fucking a client."