|2| Am I dreaming?

Alexa's POV

The final bell for the day. What a sweet sound.

I slowly arranged my belongings into my bag, not really in much of a rush to get back to that wretched house. By the time I exited the class, the hallway was already deserted.

"Wow, guess we're not the only ones that hate school." My wolf, Alia, said.

"Yeah, but it's not like we like the house either." I replied and she hummed in agreement. I continued my slow walk out the building, lost in thought.

Alia is my wolf. I shifted at the age of 12, like any other normal werewolf preteen. My fur is a beautiful light brown color, kinda like chocolate milk.

I was so happy when my friends and I all shifted together. We all ran around together and played, Annabelle and I were highly immersed in a very fun game of tag.

The pride in my parent's eyes and the admiration on my little sister's face for me was enough to make my heart swell. Cassie, my little sister, said she wanted to be like me when she shifts too as she played with my fur.

Happy times.

I'm snapped out of my happy reminiscing when someone roughly grabbed unto my wrist, and from the warm electric feeling spreading through my body, I immediately knew who it was.

Michael.

"And where do you think you're going?" An involuntary shiver went down my spine upon hearing his surprisingly warm tone. I'm too dumbstruck at the fact that he's actually touching me to even reply to his question.

He turned me around to face him. Expecting to see his usual stone cold expression, I saw surprised to see a soft look on his face. Am I dreaming? Was he actually smiling at me.

I am so confused.

And I'm sure you guys listening to my thoughts are confused too. Let me explain.

Every supernatural, except for vampires, has the ability to control one out of the five elements; Fire, Water, Earth, Air and Light. Werewolves are able to know which Element they possess when they shift at the age of 12.

I shifted, but possess no Element.

When all of my friends were either accidentally burning a bush, floating leaves in the air, making plants grow or making a puddle of water, I was just there, unable to do anything.

Although, my parents weren't disappointed. On the contrary, they still loved and took care of me the same and we're proud that I shifted as half a win was better than none. And my little sister still looked up to me.

But school was a whole different ball game.

I was constantly made fun of and bullied for my lack of abilities. All my friends abandoned me, including Annabelle. It became even worse after my parents died and sister disappeared, as I had no one to protect me.

But it was just a disaster when I became 16 and found out that he was my mate.

Wolves are able to detect and recognize the distinct and special scent of their mate once they reach the ripe age of 16. I remember our meeting very clearly.

Michael and I were never friends, he's always hated me for some reason. Hence, when news spread that I possess no Element, he used it as an opportunity to torment me at school since he's the future Alpha and gets almost anything he wants. Hence, one of the main reasons im friendless.

It was the morning of my 16th birthday, but having being given a pre birthday beating the previous day from my Uncle, and having received a refreshing morning slap courtesy of my Aunt, you can guess how bad my mood was that day.