|20| The Raid

A/N: Please, let me know down in the comments if y'all spot any mistakes. I haven't gone through it completely yet, so I could have missed something. Thank you

∆•∆•∆•∆•∆•∆•∆•∆

Alexa's POV

"Are ya ready, kid?" Blackbeard asked, his hand placed on the handle of the front door.

"Do I look like one of those kids in the Spongebob Squarepants intro song?" I huffed and rolled my eyes in annoyance.

"I'll take it that you're ready, then." He said, pushing down the door handle and pushing open the door to reveal the sight of the forest, covered in the dark blanket of the night, only illuminated by the full moon and sparse stars.

All freshened up, Blackbeard and I prepared to set off to the human town for our raid. He said that it was best to go at night as humans are mostly asleep by then and are less effective by that time. And since the town is only populated by humans, this time would be absolutely perfect.

"Okay Lassie, we need to get there quickly. The raid might take some time." He shook and stretched his arms and legs, getting ready for the run there. Without notice, he jumped up into the air, shifting into his beast mid jump.

He landed on the floor with a loud thud. His wolf was a giant of a beast, his head so high that I had to tilt mine to be able to look him in the eyes. He was as big as an Alpha wolf.

His fur was a beautiful bright orange color, with thick and full fur. I'm sure that it would be a beauty in the sunlight. His deep brown eyes– similar to the ones he has in his human form– stared at me, waiting for me to also transform into my beast.

I went down into my hands and knees and called Alia forth from the back of my mind. She responded eagerly and didn't hesitate to break through my skin and take her true form.

My body quickly twisted and turned, going from man to wolf. My clothes melted into my skin, the warmth of fabric being replaced by the tickle of soft fur.

Looking down at my paws, I noticed that they were white, while the rest of my fur was black, making it look like I was wearing socks. I'm sure that if I could see my face now, I would have white tips on my ears like the ones Alia had in my vision.

I looked up to see that Blackbeard was... sniffing his butt? What is he, a dog?

"Aye! I heard that, kiddo!" A voice echoed in my head. My body stiffened and my back stood straight, my ears turning back and forth, searching for any signs of a threat.

After a few seconds, the voice registered in my head as Adam's, my muscles slightly relaxing at the realization of familiarity. It feels so odd hearing the voice of someone, who isn't Alia, in my head after such a long time.

But how? We were not from the same pack or birthplace, neither do we share any blood, because I'm sure as hell that my father would not have shut up about the fact that we're related to a freaking pirate when he was alive.

The heavens bless that man.

Blackbeard sat on his hind legs, staring down at my unsurprisingly small form. While standing, the top of my head reaches the tip of his snout while he's sitting.

"I don't know how this is possible either, Lassie. We'll figure it out later, let's just go. We need to work while it's still dark." He turned around and took off into the forest after that, his paws surprisingly silent despite his size.

I followed behind him out feet pounding into the soft Earth, picking up speed the farther we went until the forest brushed past us in a brown blur, and the wind blew out ears down to the back of our heads.