Chapter 54

TW- Swearing, mentions of bullying and mentions of child neglect.

I had just gotten off the phone with Hunter (Triple H) asking if I could meet him at the arena at around lunchtime and of course I said yes but I asked if I could bring Tyra with me as I didn't want to leave her on her own or have to ask someone to watch her and he said it was okay. It was only 9:00am so Tyra and I had not long gotten back to our room after breakfast when he called, I told Tyra about coming to meet Hunter with me and let's just say she's a little too excited.

"Alright Tyra, it's not that exciting." I say as I laugh, "Not exciting. Not exciting. Mama, it's Triple H. How can I not be excited." she retortes basically jumping around our room with a massive smile on her face. "Okay, okay but gunna need you to dial the excitement back a little munchkin." I reply with a chuckle, my laughter slowly dying down. "How about we go to the gym for a bit, try and get some of the energy out in a different way." I ask but instead of answering, she just runs around grabbing some of her new gym clothes to change into and I do the same just at a more normal speed.

I grab my small bag and make sure we have water bottles, my phone, a room key and a hand towel each before we head down to the gym. When we get there I notice a few of my collegues already here, Tyra runs over to Liv and Raquel when she spots them with me trailing behind her. Just as I'm about to reach them, I hear Bayley and Dakota Kai start talking about Tyra. I try and ignore it as I'm talking to Liv while Raquel helps Tyra warm-up but when I hear Bayley say, "I heard her own mother didn't want her. I mean I don't blame her, just look at her." I lost all sense of patience.

"Excuse me Liv." I say to Liv before turning to walk away, "Whoa whoa whoa, wait a damn minute." Liv says quietly as she steps infront of me. "What's going on? One minute your fine and the next you look like you're about to rip someones throat out." She continues, "That's because I am. Now move." I state stepping to the side but Liv copies, "What happened?" she questions. I take a deep breath and say, "I heard Bayley and Dakota talking shit and Tyra so if you don't mind, I'm gunna rip 'em a new one." I push past Liv and storm over to Bayley and Kai.

"What the actual fuck is your problem?" I ask angrily as I stop next to them, looking between them. They both look me up and down with disgusted looks on their faces before Bayley says, "Uh excuse me?" To which I scoff. "Oh so I didn't just hear you talking about a 14 year old girl like she's trash?" I ask sarcastically, "Right, okay." I cross my arms over my chest. They both laugh, "Oh come on. Why do you even care? It's not like she means anything to you." Dakota says scoffing. I chuckle darkly and smirk, "Is that so?" I ask. They look at each other before looking back at me confused, "What are you talking about?" Dakota asks.

"Oh nothing, just the fact that she does mean something to me. In fact, she means everything to me. You see, that girl over there." I start and turn to point at Tyra, "Is my 14 year old daughter. I took her in almost two months ago now because her birth mother abandoned her at a autograph signing. Not that you need to know any of this but I officially adopted her a couple weeks ago because said birth mother was sent to prison for neglating and mistreating her. So, do you see the issue I have with the two of you right now?" I finish just as angry as I started. "The fact that you two can fucking stand here and degrade a teenage girl is beyond me honestly. But don't think for a single fucking second that if I hear either of you bad mouthing her or anyone I care about again, that I won't snap your twiggy fucking necks." I spat, now getting in their faces. "Am. I. Clear." I hiss accompanied with a low growl. They both frantically nod and run off, looking terrified.

"Damn Payton, that was savage." I hear Liv say from behind me, I chuckle and turn to face her. "Yeah well, people need to know not to fuck with me or the people I care about." I reply and we head back over to Tyra and Raquel who are now doing some squats. We workout together for about an hour before me and Tyra leave to get ready for my meeting with Hunter.

~~Time Skip~~

I was walking towards the office Hunter asked me to meet him in with Tyra following close behind. I knock on the door upon arrival and wait for the go ahead to enter, "COME IN." I hear Hunter shout so I open the door allowing Tyra to enter first. "Payton, so good to see you. It's been awhile." Hunter says as we shake hands, "And you must be Tyra, I've heard a lot about you." he says holding out his hand out for her to shake. She takes it and shakes his hand, "H-Hi Mr. Triple H sir." she stutters. He chuckles and walks to sit behind the desk, "No need for formalities Tyra and please, call me either Paul or Hunter or even H. This one does." He states joyfully and points at me.

Hunter looks at me after a few moments af silence, "Now, the reason why I called you here is..."