Andre Miller 1 The Union

"You don't seem to get it. I need a celestial guardian for a mission through a demon-infested neighborhood. Your advertisement says you are a summoner. So, get with the summoning!" said the man in the dark suit, he had given the name Garvey but that was most likely a fake name.

"Oh, I get it, Mr. Garvey. But you're not listening. I need to make contact with the Celestial Union and see who's available and if any of those available celestials feel like taking on your job." Said the man behind the desk, the nameplate read Andre Miller, Summoner and Para-natural Defense Specialist.

"What in the hells is a Celestial Union? Just draw your circle, pull the celestial down to earth, bind it, and set it on task. That's how it's supposed to work!" he all but screamed, veins bulging in his neck.

"That's how traditional summoners work yes, but that creates a lot of bad blood between the summoner and the other realms. That's why so many summoners have tons of runes and circles all around themselves. They have pissed off tons of extraplanar beings, I don't work that way. If that's what you want, Caleb Murry over on 4th, and Dragon Way is the guy for you." Andre said as he leaned back in his chair, "Granted, his rates are about 50% higher than mine, but he's fast and gets the job done."

"You just lost a commission!" Garvey said as he stomped out of Andre's office.

Once Garvey was gone Andre drew a small circle of summoning on his desktop and put out an invite for any free spirit of messages to join him. After a few minutes, a small flickering flame appeared in the circle, "Oh hey Andre! What did you need?"

"Oh, hi Festus of the 7th House of Pyres, I see you. I need a message delivered to the Celestial Union that there will be a summoning attempt by Caleb Murry, or one of the other local summoners, in the near future. A guy calling himself Garvey is demanding a celestial guardian. He's an asshole and is most likely going to get someone killed."

"And what do you offer in exchange for my services? I really liked that chunk of ash wood you had last time; I don't suppose you have any more of that lying about?" said Festus.

"As a matter of fact, I have a piece right here, it's been soaking in ritual oil for about a week," Andre said as he opened a drawer in a nearby filing cabinet and pulled out a small cauldron. "Would you like me to dry it off, or would you prefer it still juicy?"

"Oh, juicy, please! You always have the good stuff."

Andre took out a small rag and handed the dripping piece of wood to the fire spirit it burst into flame and was slowly turned to ash and smoke.

"That's the good stuff right there. Consider your message delivered! Festus out!" with a small poof the fire spirit disappeared.

Andre wiped up the oil drips and cleared away the circle. Summoning willing spirits was his specialty and had served him well for over 30 years. He only had basic detection and protection wards on his office and a few charms against forced entry. He didn't need all the circles, runes, talismans, and other sundries that so many summoners had to use to prevent hostile spirits.

There was a knock at his door several hours later. "Come in," he said loud enough to be heard.

A woman in a red suit dress with a briefcase stepped in and her mannerisms screamed lawyer. "Mr. Andre Miller?"

"I am. How can I help you?"

"I am Ms. Fontaine. I represent Houseton, Reba, and Kline, law associates. I have been retained by a client to secure your services."

"OK, please have a seat. I'm willing to hear you out."

She sat in the chair across from him and opened the briefcase. He noticed several protection wards around the locks, high-end security case he thought.