Andre Miller 65 The School

"And we're back, this is KRCH 97.8 Crunch Radio. This is Bill Mars and Heather Paulson, and you're listening to Crunch Time. Today we're talking with Andre Miller and Caleb Murry, owners, and operators of Infinity Brand Ltd. here in Birmingham. If you need any magical defenses or summoning services, be sure to check them out, they are in Hubert's Market lot number 117. Before the break, we were talking about summoning celestials and elementals. I noticed when we were going over your materials before the interview that you refused to work with infernal beings. Other than them obviously being bad mojo, what's your issue with them?" he asked.

"Well as you put it," said Caleb, "they are bad mojo. Dealing with demons is a fast ticket to whichever hell they happen to be associated with. Even if you don't make a deal with them, just having contact with them is a whole truckload of bad karma."

"That's a sticking point that a lot of people have, calling infernals, demons. You all use the two terms interchangeably. Is there a difference or is it all just semantics?" asked Bill.

"It's the same thing. It would be the same as me calling a guy named Antonio either that or Tony, both mean the same thing in this context. You can call them anything you want it always boils back to the fact that the beings are a representation of cosmic evil. As a whole, they have no redeeming qualities. Any friendship or comradery is an act to pull people into their orbit and find a way to acquire their souls." Responded Andre.

"And celestials and elementals are different?" asked Heather.

"Yes," said Caleb, "celestials actively defend the universe against evil in a variety of forms, and elementals don't much care as long as it doesn't directly affect them, but if you medal with them, they are like sharks."

"OK, and you said that those people who are in league with demons are called thralls. Can you tell us a bit about that?" asked Bill.

"If a person has a contract with a demon, they are thralls, just associating with a demon gives you bad karma, but doesn't tie you to the infernal. If you have a contract, it changes you in some fundamental ways. It magnifies the negative traits of your personality. An angry person becomes actively violent, a lustful person becomes a sexaholic, and things like that. The other universal thing is that if a person is carrying a contract, they have a nasty allergy to holy silver." Replied Andre.

"Now when you say nasty, what are some of the effects that it can cause, like a rash or?" asked Bill.

"Well, the most common is the silver itself discolors, it tarnishes black in just a few seconds of contact. Other reactions can be pain and burning, puffs of smoke, staining of the hands, the smell of rotten meat, just to name a few." Answered Caleb.

"If I wanted to check if people I knew were thralls, where could I get holy silver?"

"We sell small holy silver coins for $10 at the shop, and there are plenty of other shops at the Market that carry holy silver in a variety of forms. We carry a set of gloves lined and plated with holy silver, one touch or handshake and you know very quickly who you are dealing with, but keep in mind that thralls are usually only 1 in every 5000 people or so. They aren't common unless you travel in bad circles." Said Andre.

"That really interesting. You keep referring to karma, I know that a lot of our church-going people here in Birmingham have a problem with the magical community because they refuse to respect their choice of deity. Is bad karma the same as sin in the context of the church?" asked Heather.

"That's a touchy topic. Bad karma isn't the same thing as sin as defined by the bible. You don't respect your parents, biblically that's a sin, but it doesn't inherently carry bad karma with it. That's not to tell people to disrespect their parents, that's still a bad thing, it just doesn't have an inherently negative nature to it." Answered Andre, "Biblically, in the Old Testament, slavery is legal and not a sin, but the act of subjugating a person against their will carries with it bad karma."