T͓̽w͓̽e͓̽n͓̽t͓̽y͓̽

(Continued)
🕯️🕯️🕯️

The dining room hustled and bustled during a normal family dinner for the Miranda-Soo clan. Food was passed, conversations were had, normal family activities. "Front door, opened," the alarm system alerted. No one really payed attention to it, since most of them grew up with it and was so used to it.

"Allie, come on! Dinner is ready!" Enzo called from the dining area. At a moments notice, Allie hit the corner with no attention or any real acknowledgement, until Noah stepped from behind her off to her left shoulder. Lin was the first to stop eating, which turned into a domino effect of stares. Allie swallowed her fear and plastered a smile on her face.

"Family, this is Noah. Noah this is my family," she introduced. Noah waved as Feather, the twins and Nova gave him a warm smile before going back to their dinner. The older members not so much. Lesley could see that Allie was crumbling a darted up from her seat.

"Guys, let's be nice and welcome Noah," she said meeting them at the archway. "Hi, I'm Allies older sister, Lesley. That's my daughter, Nova," she said with an out stretched hand. Noah, graciously took it as Allie shot her sister grateful eyes. "Come sit," she said. Allie grabbed the corner chair and slid it next ti her normal seat.

"Hi, I'm Lizzie, this my fiancé Mason, he's her brother," she introduced, making way for Enzo to follow suit. Once the siblings and nieces were taken care of only the heads of the family were left.

"Mommy, daddy, please say something," Allie quietly begged. Noah grabbed her hand under the table grant mutual grounding for the both of them.

"You have a lovely home," Noah complimented. Phillipa sipped her water, only throwing glances his way.

"Thank you," she shortly replied. Noah slightly hung his head, not sure what to say or do. The table sat quietly, not wanting even breath a morsel of air in fear of snapping Lin or Pippa into a rage.

After a few minutes of quiet, Pippa turned to Noah."so what is it that you do Noah? Are you a senior at Allie's school?" She asked, clearly seeing his dog tags. Noah looked to Allie for permission to which she silently obliged.

"I'm in the military ma'am. I am training to be a lawyer in the army," he replied. Pippa popped an eyebrow.

"And how old are you?" She asked. Allie bit the inside of her cheek near raw, praying that the knife in her fathers hand wouldn't find a way to connect with her boyfriend's chest.

"I just turned 20 in September," he shyly replied. You could feel the air thicken as the older brothers started to turn a new, deadly leaf. They watched with baited breath from Pippa to give them the signal of release.

"Are you aware that she not yet 18? And be very careful how you answer," she warned. Noah's heart rate started to pick up. He felt like he was back in boot camp, except his drill sergeant had nothing on Pippa.

"Yes, but—," he quickly stated. "We started dating with in was 19 and she had just turned 17. And we haven't done anything. I wanted or relationship ti be as lawful as possible. I love her and I respect her," he said. Pippa and Lin shared a look for a moment, eyes going back and forth watching them communicate. An eyebrow pop, released the tension between them, pulled Mason and Enzo at ease.

"Allie, can I speak to you in the office?" Pippa "asked". Allie dropped Noah's hand but gave him a shoulder tap of encouragement, before following her mother out of the room.