S͓̽e͓̽v͓̽e͓̽n͓̽

(Continued)
🕯🕯🕯

Enzo sat his glass in front of him on the table of the breakfast nook. He and Pippa had moved to sit down as they waited for Lesley to show up. "Where's dad?" Enzo asked. Pippa shrugged. She hadn't seen him since he went ballistic on AnneMarie, which reminded her that she had to order a new phone and laptop for her daughter.

"I don't know. Where's Ashley?" Pippa rebutted. Enzo took a deep breath thinking about the execution coming up.

"She's in a better place," he answered. It was easier than explaining homicide, three counts attempted robbery, and -despite what Feather said- child neglect and endangerment. She was wanted in three states and somehow got caught up after being in New York for a week and a half. Enzo even called Ashley's mother Lana, who said that she was the one who turned her daughter in and was glad that Feather made it to him safe. But as previously stated, Enzo felt like 'a better place' was easier on the soul.

"Oh, is she coming back for her? Or is this a permanent deal?" Pippa asked. Enzo hadn't really thought about Lana wanting to take Feather or anything. He just assumed that when she said she was happy that Feather made it to him safely that she meant he was going to keep her. Now he was worried that she might come and get his little girl.

"I'm still working out the kinks," was what Enzo thought was a safe bet to say. No promises or definitive yes's until he got a straight story from Feather's other grandma.

"Well, If it's any consolation, she seems very sweet and nothing like her mother..." Pippa trailed off as Lesley entered the house through the garage door.

"That's a good thing. It sucks being like your mother, doesn't it?" she commented as she walked in. She was wearing black yoga pants and a black shirt that said 'Clayton's House'. It was her work attire. The same outfit she wore on her last night in that house. The outfit she had intended on wearing was in her car, in case she decided to change. But her high brain told her to go with shock value first. Enzo awkwardly puckered his lips and shrank back in his seat. It felt like the fight all over again. Pippa stood up and stared at her daughter.

"Glad to see you could make it," Pippa forced. She tried to smile, but her repressed anger wouldn't allow. Lesley shrugged and leaned against the waist height part of the island.

"Well, it got me out of staying at work all night?" Lesley smirked. Pippa watched Lesley take her hair down and run her fingers through the long black mane. Before anything could happened next, the girls ran down the stairs as Lin ran up.

"Yay! Everyone is here! Let's eat!" Lin squealed, cutting through the tension. The teenagers -and Feather- giggled at him and sat at the huge dinning room table. Lin sat at the head with Pippa on his left with the seating as Claudia, Allie, Nova, On one side with their mom. Enzo at the end of the table, Feather on his left and AnneMarie, Lesley, an open seat, then back to Lin. Lesley purposely sat in the seat next to the one in front of Pippa to keep from kicking her mother under the table. Childish? Yes. Lesley? All the way.

🕯🕯🕯

The family stared to eat a very quiet dinner as the sun set behind Enzo. "So, Allie your 18th is coming up. What do you want?" Lin asked his second oldest daughter.

"Well, daddy, I'm glad you asked. As you all know I have my Frank tattoo on the back of my neck for my good old social worker who kept me safe, when the state took me from you guys for a little. So, the girls and I were thinking of matching tattoos with Mama," Allie said, referring to Claudia and Nova. The two teens nodded. "We were thinking mom get a small earth, I get a small sun, Claudia gets a small moon, and Nova gets a small star; on our wrist with the words "ohana" beside it," Allie explained. Pippa sighed at the idea of another tattoo. She had Stevie's name on her shoulder, Lesley and Enzo on each of her ribs with their birthdays in Roman numerals, Mason's zodiac sign on the side of her middle finger. She just hadn't had time to get one for the twins, Allie, and Nova yet. And now that Feather was here she couldn't leave her out.