Chapter 32 (The Finale)

Someone to you (Cello/piano/ suggest reading background for ending)

Day Seven - Part Three

❄️🐰 Here we are! 🐰❄️

"Kinda feel bad for North," snickered Jack, swinging his legs back and forth under the padded beam high above the workshop. His fingertips tap-danced over the potted snowdrop in his lap as he watched the commotion. "It's nice not being on the receiving end though."

"One week, North!" the rabbit shouted from below, unleashing the fury he'd been denied in their Wendigo intermission. "One week! Kidnapped! With no warning whatsoever! What if we had something important to be getting done?"

"It is July! No Easter, not much snow." North was still smiling brightly, busying himself setting the large table with familiar silver trays full of cakes and cookies, and jugs filled with water. "Besides, nothing could be more important than... connecting with fellow Guardian."

Long, grey ears sprang into the air. "Y-Y-You can rack off with that, y'lout!" he spluttered in outrage. "Wh-What if there was an emergency in the Warren, aye? Did you even think about that?"

"And what emergency in Warren would have stolen you from favourite snow terror?" he smirked, raising his big, bushy eyebrows. "A broken stem? River flow too fast?"

"You're unreal!" Bunny tugged on his ears in exasperation. "It was invaded only a year ago! I just got done putting her back together!"

North waved him off. "Bah! Too much worry. I would have thought Jack had got all energy out of system, no?"

Bunny's jaw dropped at the unsubtle innuendo, and he clenched his paws into balled fists, launching into a second, somehow louder tirade. "Now you listen here...!"

On one side of Jack, Sandy was laughing silently.

"He certainly has an impressive set of lungs," said Tooth in amusement, perching on the beam on his other side.

They had joined him as soon as North had started digging himself into a hole he wasn't even aware of and Bunny's hackles had started to rise and rise until he finally snapped.

Tooth tilted her head, her attention straying to him like it had been doing non-stop for the last ten minutes.

He wasn't surprised. Considering he and Bunny went into the room at each other's throats and left the room... well, at each other's mouths, he thought there might be a question or two. He was only surprised it was taking them so long to ask.

"So... Jack..." she finally said.

"Tooth," Jack drawled back.

"It's not our business of course," she said quickly, "and we wouldn't dream of invading your privacy... Forgive me for asking, but..."

"Isn't invading privacy pretty much your guys' thing?" he asked, his tongue between his teeth.

Sandy pulled a face, but Tooth just carried on.

"It's only... it's not just physical, is it. This thing with you and Bunny," she said hesitantly. "You're in love with him."

It wasn't a question, but he nodded anyway. "Yup."