Chapter 8: Stubborn Cat *Rewrote*

It is now Glynda's combat class, and Jaune is scheduled to fight the entire Team CRDL.

Jaune stands with his armor on, wearing a serious expression as he faces Team CRDL. He puts his right hand down and stretches out his left hand, summoning a swirling aura in front of him. With determination in his eyes, he tightens his grip on the aura, as if holding onto something powerful.

 With determination in his eyes, he tightens his grip on the aura, as if holding onto something powerful

Jaune then gripped the sword with both hands, pointing it at Team CRDL as the match began. Russel and Dove charged at him simultaneously, but Jaune effortlessly blocked their attacks, sending them flying. Sky followed with a swing of his battle axe, but Jaune swiftly sidestepped and counterattacked, launching Sky backward.

Cardin took advantage of Sky's distraction, leaping over him and attempting to strike Jaune with his mace. However, Jaune met him head-on, resulting in a stalemate. Russel and Dove attempted to attack Jaune from the sides, but Jaune's instincts kicked in, and he smoothly side-flipped, dodging their strikes while maintaining the stalemate with Cardin. Taking advantage of the position, Jaune redirected his swing, forcing Cardin to lose his grip on his weapon. Jaune continued his fluid motion, hitting Russel, Dove, and Cardin in a circular motion, sending them all flying backward. Jaune stood firm in his spot, maintaining his serious expression.

Sky, now recovered, charged at Jaune alongside Cardin, who had retrieved his weapon. Sky leaped into the air, swinging his weapon down, while Cardin slammed his mace into the ground. Jaune anticipated their tactic and quickly jumped high into the air, surpassing their expectations. From the ceiling, Jaune gazed down at them, his foot seemingly sticking to the roof.

With remarkable speed, Jaune crouched upside down and descended upon Cardin and Sky, slashing downwards. The impact created a shockwave, causing the ground beneath them to crack. Cardin and Sky were buried in the ground, their auras significantly depleted.

Jaune turned his attention to Dove and Russel, who were still charging at him, despite their fear. However, their attacks proved futile as Jaune leaned forward, leaping towards them while pointing his invisible weapon. In an instant, Jaune appeared at the other end of the stage, leaving Dove and Russel on the ground with their auras drained. Jaune emerged victorious.

Glynda approached the stage, acknowledging Jaune's performance.

Glynda: Well done, Mr. Arc. You should have no problems qualifying for the tournament.

Jaune: Thank you, Professor.

Glynda: Alright, now I know that's a tough act to follow, but we have time for one more sparring match. Any volunteers? Ms. Belladonna? You've been rather docile for the past few classes. Why don't you--

Mercury raised his hand, interrupting Glynda.

Mercury: I'll do it.

Glynda: Mercury, is it? Very well, let's find you an opponent.