Chapter 22: Welcome To Your New Home

Qrow: The City Of Mistral...

Nora: Ugh! It's about time!

Qrow and Team RANJR are walking through a stone brick tunnel illuminated by translucent lanterns.

Nora: Whose idea was it to walk again?

Ren: Well, we did face many obstacles. Broken airships, destroyed settlements...

Fou: Fou. (I've Seen Better.)

Nora puts her hands on her hips and looks at Ren.

Ren: Hey.

Nora giggles in response.

Jaune: So, how much farther to Haven Academy?

Fou: Fou, Fou... (Around Half 'n Hour because of the annoying Stairs...)

Jaune: Huh, Thanks Fou.

Qrow: You Actually can understand Fou?

Jaune Nods.

The group approaches a pair of large, wooden double doors, which Qrow opens, flooding the tunnel with sunlight. Ruby runs out onto a massive platform that doubles as an elevator, stopping at the railing to gaze out over the city in wide-eyed awe.

Ruby: Wow!

The others join her to take in the view of buildings and stone stairways perched on mountains.

Ruby: This... is... awesome!

Below them, large crowds of people are going about their day - walking around, talking and buying merchandise legally and illegally.

Qrow: It's certainly something.

Ruby Looks around at all of the weapons that these Stalls are selling.

Ruby: Oh my gosh, look at all the weapons!

Qrow: Vendors here'll sell you just about anything... whether they should or not.

Jaune: They really made the most out of these mountains.

Qrow: Every inch. Stay away from the lower levels. The higher up you go, the nicer it gets.

Nora: And we are going up!

Fou: Fou! (Up!)

Later On, Team RANJR and Qrow enter the campus grounds of Haven Academy, which is devoid of any other people. They stop in a courtyard, where Ruby smiles and wipes a tear from her eye. Jaune places a hand on her shoulder, and she sighs.

Ruby: We made it.

Qrow stops behind them, and while they continue on their way, he takes a moment to glance around and lets out a sigh.

Ruby: Hello?

Inside a hallway, RANJR is following Qrow, and Ruby calls out once again, louder this time.

Ruby: Hello?!

Nora: Maybe try louder?

Ren: There doesn't seem to be anyone here.

Jaune: Well, I guess school isn't really in session right now. Maybe that's it.

Qrow: No, this isn't right. Come on.

Qrow hurries ahead.

Ruby: Wait for us!

RANJR picks up the pace to catch up, and soon, all five are running to a pair of wooden double doors. Qrow comes to a stop in front of them, draws his sword, and extends the blade.