Summer break

Y/n = Your name

F/n = First name

L/n = Last name

*Credits to artist - Zoe._iidraws*

A/N: Hey I'm on summer break! (How Ironic) For this month, the book will be ending. There are only a few more chapters left. All chapters should be out by the end of the month if I don't procrastinate. Once again, thank you all for the support! Enjoy!

『••✎••』

『••✎••』

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

For the past couple of days into summer break I've been living with my dad. Which has been nice but chaotic. He didn't really have any space for me so I've been sleeping on the sofa. As much as I miss my bed it's better living with my dad. My dad took me to my mom's house and had me grab a bunch of my stuff and put it in his car while he talked to my mom. He didn't tell me how the conversation went but all I knew was that it went bad because my dad stormed out. The whole situation was chaotic. All he said was that I could stay for a couple of weeks then I had to go back to my mom. I didn't like it, but at least I have a few weeks until I leave, a few weeks to say goodbye.

"You know if it comes down to it F/n I could get a lawyer," He said as he served the breakfast that he had just finished making.

"Dad...there's no point they'll just give me back," I said gloomily. "I don't get it, you have a good-paying job and an apartment. Why didn't you get full custody of me?" My dad's face cringed up at my question before he mumbled a response.

"I never took her to court. I let her have you, I thought you'd be better off with her" He said ashamed before sitting down and taking a bite out of his breakfast. "Now I see that it was a mistake. I should have fought for you"

"I'm glad you realize that now.."

"Anyways, changing the topic. What are you planning on doing today?" he asked as I started to eat away at my food.

"I was planning on hanging out with Aren and the rest of our friends," I said happily as my dad took his plate to the sink.

"You and Aren have always hung out, two peas in a pot. Never could separate you guys as kids," He laughed nostalgically. "I guess that still stands, you guys are still inseparable"

"We have our moments," I said half-joking, making my dad chuckle softly. "But do you think I can go?" I asked.

"Yeah, I want you to enjoy these last few weeks. Even if that means hanging out with your friends and not me" He said with a content smile.