Done Running

Y/n = Your name

F/n = First name

L/n = Last name

*Credits to artist - Frazzi_draw*

『••✎••』

『••✎••』

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"Holy hell it's packed," Aren said loudly as we all stared off into the distance only to see a bunch of people sitting around. "I didn't even know this many people lived around here"

"Well it looks like it's too busy we might as well leave," Kaido said nervously as he turned around to leave. Kusuo was quick to do the same, this being too many people for someone as antisocial as him.

"Runt quit being a scaredy cat, you too buddy! We gotta see these fireworks," Nendo said like a whiny kid as he stopped Kaido and Kusuo from leaving.

"Nendo we can't, look at all these people! We're not gonna be able to see the fireworks with all those people in the way" Kaido argued back as he tried to run only to get picked up by Nendo. "PUT ME DOWN! YOU CAN'T MAKE ME!" He yelped, causing a few heads to turn.

"Guys shut up, people are looking," Aren said irritatedly, as he rubbed his temples in frustration.

"Hey guys what if we watched the fireworks from up there?" I asked as I pointed up to a ledge that had a view over the beach. All eyes flew in the direction that I pointed.

"I..U-Uh It's pretty high up L/n," Kaido said nervously before Nendo finally put him down.

"No, it's not...It's all in your head Kaido," I said honestly, only embarrassing Kaido, probably wasn't the best choice of words. But it is all in his head.

"You'll be fine Kaido, cmon let's have a good time.." Aren said reassuringly as he patted Kaido on the back, and with that, we all walked up to the ledge. Nendo and Aren sat on the edge, Kaido sat next to Aren but not on the edge while Kusuo sat against a nearby rock which I happily joined him in.

"I know you didn't want to come see fireworks, but thank you for coming along anyways," I say softly while entangling his hand with mine.

"Y/n I don't mind the trouble," He mumbled quietly, telling half the truth. Truthfully he did mind, but he'd never admit it to you. "You're worth all the trouble in the world" He whispered, as he looked into my eyes intensely.

"Aww...Kusuo you're such a sweetheart" I say lovingly, utterly smitten by him. "You're not scared of fireworks are you?" I ask playfully, only to have him give me a blank look.

"No..I just find them loud and overrated. Seriously I don't get how anybody could find them scary, they're just annoying" He rambled grumpily as he expressed how annoying he found fireworks.

"Okay jeez didn't realize you'd hate them this much. But seriously everybody is scared of something, what is your fear?" I ask curiously as I tilt my head to admire his face some more.

"Cockroaches,"

...

"Seriously? Someone with godly powers like yourself is afraid of cockroaches," I say teasingly as I giggle a bit. Obviously, I couldn't blame him for being scared of them but it's ironic that he's scared of them. "That's cute"

"Shut up," He said playfully as he rolled his eyes at me, as my laughs died down we sat in silence as I looked up into the sky.

...

"Y/n I-" Kusuo was quickly cut off by the loud sound of fireworks booming in the sky, completely lighting it up with its pretty colors that bounced off his face. As we all sat there watching the fireworks a pang of sadness hit me. I was going to miss this, all of it. I knew what I needed to do. It was the only way.

"Y/n are you sure..?" Kusuo said loudly into my ear, already knowing what I was going to do by reading my mind.

"I need to talk to her...Kusuo" I said sternly, as I looked up at the fireworks. I needed to convince my mom. "Were you saying something before?"

"It's nothing"

...

Timeskip

"Do you need me to come in with you?" Kusuo asked with concern in his voice. "You don't have to do this alone" He mumbled softly.

"No it's fine I have to do this alone..besides she wouldn't listen to you," I say softly as we approached my mother's house. "Stay out here..I'll be out soon," I said before walking inside the door.

"It's about time you came back.." My mother's voice rang from the kitchen, as she walked out into the light with her arms crossed and a frustrated look on her face. "We need to talk," She said sternly before sitting on the sofa.

"I know," I mumble as I sit on the far end side of the sofa. Away from my mother. I was still intimidated by her.

"So what were you planning on doing F/n? Running away to your fathers until you were forced to come back?" She said, hurt laced in her voice. My mother tended to have a victim mentality, she's always had it. It was never her fault. Always somebody else's.

"Mom..I don't want to move, I belong here, why can't you understand that?" I say quietly as my voice cracks.

"Get over it! People move all the time. It isn't a big deal like you're making it be, GROW UP!" She said rudely as she invalidated my feelings.

"The truth is that you love your father more than me!" She shouted suddenly causing my eyes to widen.

"You've always loved him more than me," She said softly as tears welled up in her eyes. "And maybe I deserve it. I was never the loving mother you needed, and I've done a lot of things I regret. But, I've always protected and taken care of you,"

"Mom..I know you've always looked out for me, but you taking me away from my home, will not salvage our relationship" I say as tears stream down my face, but I sat up straight and somewhat confident as I stood up to my mom.

"If you really regret what you did then you will let me stay" I whisper softly as my mom looks at me as tears stream down her face.

"F/n..I-I can't be alone again"

"Mom you won't be alone, you'll have Daisuke. Please Mom, just let me go. If you truly love me" I say empathetically as for the first time in years I finally felt my mother in embrace me lovingly.

"Is this really what you want..?"

...

...

‿︵‿︵‿︵୨˚̣̣̣͙୧ - - - - - ୨˚̣̣̣͙୧‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿

1110 words

『••✎••』

『••✎••』