Dominic

Ho-ly. Shit.

Reese fucking Dolan came to my set tonight. I've had a lowkey Internet crush on her since my sister showed me her YouTube videos last year. She was already up to five million followers, and I became one of them.

As soon as I saw her Instagram post, I knew I needed to meet her. How courageous is it to show up to Coachella in sweatpants? Everyone plans their outfits for months in advance to obtain perfection, yet Reese came as her authentic self.

I believe that is the ultimate perfection: showing up as you are.

Not to mention that she's insanely beautiful both on and off screen. Her freckles are more noticeable in person. Her laugh is more song-like than in her videos.

After she introduced me to her cousins, the two of us ended up hanging out with some of my LA friends. I grew up in Seattle and spend most of my off-time with my family back home. But I kind of have people in a few different cities. I have my hometown friends, my LA friends, and my Nashville buddies.

There was no one outside by the pool, so Reese and I went to sit out there. Just to talk.

"So, how did you decide you wanted to pursue music?" she asks. We're sitting cross-legged, and across from one another.

"I was messing around with a guitar in my room one day and started making a beat on my computer. I released it on SoundCloud, and it got a bunch of hits the next week. I kept playing around and making songs, and then a record company asked me to sign for a couple EP's. That's how both Dominic and Halston were created."

My first two mini-albums were called Dominic, and Halston.

I know. Creative, right?

"Wow. That's so cool." Reese says.

"What about you? How did you decide to be a youtuber?" I ask.

"My sister," she says. "Taytum was getting overwhelmed with editing her videos the way she wanted to. I was bored because I was injured and couldn't play softball anymore, so she hired me to edit. I'm really into graphic design, so it was a blast for me. Then her fans likes the new editing style, and they liked my personality in her vlogs. A year later, I finally decided to make my own channel."

"Aww. That's really cool," I say. "You have the perfect personality for vlogging."

She smiles. "Thanks. You know, I definitely can tell that you're in your element when you're on stage."

"Wow," I say, smiling too. "Thanks. That means a lot when people say that. It's my second home. I basically have grown up on the stage."

"You grew up in Seattle, right?" she asks.

"Yeah," I say. "PNW for the win."

She smiles and shakes her head. "I'm a Chicago girl through and through. Not sure if I'd live anywhere else. Maybe LA, but I don't like the culture here very much. It's kind of judgmental."

"It's way judgmental. That's why I like traveling. I meet people from all over."

"What's been your favorite place to travel for a tour?"

"Probably Detroit or Cleveland. The Midwest fans are so wholesome and nice."

"They may be nice, but trust me, they are not that wholesome."

I laugh. "Yeah? Why's that?"

Reese giggles. "Well, how wholesome do you think I am?"

"I think there's definitely more than one side to your personality. You're super sweet, and adorable, but I feel like you're also really daring."