Dominic
A Few Days Later

"Whatcha doin' right now?" Reese asks. We're on FaceTime again, of course. It's the middle of the afternoon right now, and I'm lazily lying in my bed. We've continued our tradition of talking on the phone at least once every day, and we both weren't busy today. So, we've been on FaceTime for a while.

"Just laying in my bed," I say. "I miss you."

"I miss you too," she says. "Do you have any plans tonight?"

"I'm going with my parents and sister to the Mariners game later."

"Aww. That's fun. My family likes to go to baseball games too. I bet my dad will want to take you to a Cubs game."

I smile. "Ethan will?"

"He has kind of a tradition to take our significant others to a baseball game after they start dating us. He took Josh to one, then he took Andrew to one. It's his way of trying to get to know you guys."

"That's so sweet. I would love to go to a game with him," I say. "You know, your dad and I had some really good talks this week."

Reese smiles. "I know. He told me. He likes you a lot."

"I hope so," I say. "I tried my best to impress your family."

"Well, you did a great job. They've been gushing about you for the past few days. I think my parents miss you almost as much as I do."

I smile. "Awww. I'm really excited to see them again."

"They are too. You know, when my family told you that you're a part of our family now, they seriously meant it. You are."

"I love you," I say.

"I love you more," Reese says.

"I don't know about that," I say. "Cause I love you so much."

She laughs. "I can't wait to see you again, babe."

"What movie do you wanna watch tonight?" I ask. We've made a tradition of watching movies at the same time, and texting each other for commentary. It's our way of watching movies together, without being together in person.

"It's your turn to pick," Reese says.

"I know. I just can't think of one."

"We'll figure it out," she says. "I wish I was there cuddling with you."

"I know. We will be soon."

"How about a comedy tonight? Like Grownups or Step Brothers?" she asks.

"Step Brothers," I say. "That movie is so damn funny."

"I was hoping you'd say that," Reese says.

"Okay," I say. "We'll watch Step Brothers. It'll be fun."

"Cool," she says. "Okay. I'm gonna start editing for now. Have fun at the game! Tell your parents I said hello."

"Thank you. I will. Talk to you later. Love you."

"Love you too," she says, then hanging up.

I'm really hoping these next couple of months go by quickly, because I don't know how much longer I can handle being away from her. I already miss her so much.

-

Going to the game with my family ended up being really fun. It's rare that the four of us are available at the same time, so we always have a blast when we can have a family outing. Mark even came with us, which made me wish even more that Reese was here.