Reese

Dominic and I left the window open last night, because our room was really warm. The breeze from the lake felt perfect, and it made our room smell beachy in a good way. We got up and started the day by tidying up the room and making the bed. Dominic always says that he makes his bed first thing in the morning when he wakes up every day, because it helps him have a more productive mindset. I have to admit that it feels good to have a made bed to come back to later.

Milo and Andrew are making breakfast when we get downstairs, which helps everyone else wake up. The smell of pancakes, hash browns, and vegan bacon is drifting through the house. I'm sure that's enough to wake anyone up. After we all eat breakfast outside, we all get on our grandpa's boat to go out on the water. The sun is shining this morning, and we all intend to spend most of the day on the boat.

Taytum of course wants a photoshoot when we get to the marina, so she and I take some Instagram pictures of ourselves, and some of us with Maeve. Milo even pops into a few of them, and he got a few pictures together with Dominic and Andrew. The three of them are forming a close friendship, and it makes me really happy. I love how easily Dominic blends into my family. It's as if he's always belonged here with us.

It starts to rain, so we decide to go to the bowling alley in town. Since they sell pizza here, this is where we end up eating lunch. Of course Taytum and Andrew both get the top scores when our game of bowling is done. They have an advantage, since they were both on the high school bowling team during high school. I, however, don't fare as well as they do. Even Austin beats me, which says something. As his older sister, I usually beat him in everything. I love having a younger sibling, because it usually means I have someone to win against. I guess Austin was lucky today.

-

"I am so full," I say, plopping onto my bed. I think I ate three pieces of pizza while we were bowling.

Dominic closes the door before laying down next to me. "Me too. Ready for our nap?"

It's now storming outside, so we retired to our room once we got back from the bowling alley. Everyone is kind of doing their own thing right now anyway, so it's not like we're missing out on anything.

"Mmhmm," I say, getting comfortable on top of the covers. It's too warm to sleep under them, especially since the humidity outside was enough to bring a thunderstorm on. Once I'm comfortable, Dominic pulls me closer, and wraps his arm around my waist.

"I'm having fun here with you," he says.

"Maybe next time you're here, we could stay at the lake house. Just the two of us."

"We can't stay at your apartment?" he asks.

"We can. But it's more private here. My place is in the middle of downtown. People could see us going in or out. This can be a great hiding spot."

"I could also wear a wig on my way to your place."

I laugh. "Okay. The wig is non-negotiable though."

Dominic laughs too. "We'll figure it out. I'd like staying here too. In the quiet. It almost reminds me of Seattle. My house is in a more closed-off area, so it's always nice to be home and away from all the craziness of the city."

"I can't wait to go there," I say, wrapping my arms around his neck. "We'll have so much fun."

"The beach is really nice there in the summer. It gets up to the seventies and eighties, so it's not scalding hot. Perfect for boats, and swimming. My parents have kind of a big property too, so we can roam free."

"Perfect," I say. "I love the sound of that. I can't wait to be able to visit you, and to meet your parents."

"My parents are excited to meet you too," Dominic says. "They're going to love you so much."