Dominic
Two Weeks Later

Even though finals were rough on Reese, she managed to pass the semester with a perfect GPA. I'm so proud of her, that I decided to treat her to a shopping spree downtown. She deserves to be rewarded for all of the hard work she's put in this semester. She got all A's in her classes, and she's still doing great things for her youtube channel. I'm always amazed by her, every single day of my life.

We did run into some fans who wanted pictures with us, but neither of us minded at all. Taking pictures together with fans won't prove anything about us being together. Reese and I have made our "friendship" seem plausible without perjuring our actual relationship. People ask about it sometimes, but we just shake it off. We're still playing the 'best friend' narrative, and I'm pretty sure it's working.

Reese and I ended up finding matching sweatpants and sweatshirts. We're really becoming one of those couples that has a matching outfit. Reese kept saying it would happen eventually, and here we are. We got tattoos together before we got matching outfits.

The two of us also stopped to get cheesecake, and I bought a necklace for Reese that I saw her admiring at the store. I surprised her with it when we got back to her apartment that late afternoon.

"So, we have a lot of family birthdays in December," Reese says, when we're sitting at her kitchen table to eat the dinner we ordered.

"Really?" I ask.

"Taytum, Maeve, my dad and Uncle Grayson, and my grandpa. I have to order presents for all of them. This year, I'm getting a head start on Christmas gifts for everyone. I already have my list of who I need to shop for, and what I might get them."

"Can I see the list?" I ask.

"No. You're on it. But don't worry. All of the gifts to everyone are from us, not just me. We're a team now, so both of our names go on the presents."

"I'll cover my parents and Sage," he says. "But I wanna go halfsies on the presents we're getting for your family. It's only fair, since you have a much bigger family than I do."

She shakes her head. "No, it's okay. We're both making a good amount of money. You don't have to worry about how much we're spending."

"If you say so," I say. "But you know I'm gonna spend the extra money on you regardless."

Reese smiles, but she's shaking her head again. "You're so generous that I can't be mad, but you're frustrating me because I love it."

I laugh, leaning over to kiss the side of my girlfriend's head. "I love you. And there's nothing you can do to stop me from spoiling the hell out of you, baby."

"I love you too," she says. "And I already know what I'm getting you for Christmas. I'm trying something where I write all of my spontaneous thoughts down, so I don't forget them later on. It has worked wonders for me, D!"

I smile. "Awww. I'm happy for you."

Reese has told me everything about her struggles with ADHD. How she forgets things as quickly as they appear in her mind. How she immediately forgets conversations sometimes. Not the conversation itself, but the subject matter. Only sometimes when you bring it up later, does it ring a bell for her. It's difficult on Reese sometimes, but I try my best to be encouraging to her. She deserves the best, always.

"Thank you," Reese says, taking my hand. "It means so much to have the best support system in my life."

I bring her hand up to my mouth and kiss it. "I love you, Reesey pie."

"That reminds me. We should start getting ready for people to be coming over. Should we run to the store really quick?"

"Yeah, we can. Leave in fifteen minutes? I wanna finish my food."