Dominic

The Next Night

I had another show tonight, and it was so much fun. Chicago has really raised the bar when it comes to being one of my favorite places to perform. Seattle will always be my favorite since it's home, but Chicago takes a close second. The crowd here has consistently been very energetic, which always makes the shows more fun. When the crowd has energy, we're able to feed off of each other. A better crowd always means a better show.

It's also more fun here in Chicago, knowing that my girl is in the crowd. I think I started out tonight with extra energy. I've been having such a great time here, that it's feeding into my performances too. Reese makes me happy, and we have a lot of fun when we're together. That helps me feel more excited about being on stage as well.

Five stars for Chicago, right?

Sage brought Reese to the backstage room after the show, and I immediately wrapped my arms around her, lifted her up, and spun her around. I couldn't help it. The show went great tonight, and I'm glad she was here for it. I'm not sure it would've gone as well if I didn't know she was out there supporting me. However, it would've been just as successful tonight if she was the only person in the crowd. As long as she was there, I wouldn't know the difference of how many other people there were.

"You did amazing," Reese says as I put her back down. "I think this was my favorite show of yours yet."

"Thank you," I say. "I'm glad you were here for it."

Reese wraps her arms around my neck again, and she smiles at me. "Wanna go celebrate? Taytum offered up her place for a party tonight."

"That sounds perfect, baby."

"Come on. You're going in my car," she says.

-

On the way to Taytum's apartment, Reese has the windows rolled down, and she's blaring my most recent album on the aux. I can't help but smile as I watch her sing along. She is driving a little fast, but I don't mind. We're both in extra good moods tonight, and I have a feeling the after party will be a blast. So far, I have loved hanging out with Reese's family and friends. Her people are becoming my people so quickly, and I'm very grateful for that. I want us to be able to share these parts of our lives together.

Reese parks in Taytum's guest parking spot in the garage, and then we head up to the apartment. We're the first guests to arrive, so the only people here are us, Taytum, and her boyfriend Andrew.

He shows me around while Taytum and Reese are hanging out in the living room. After we're done with the tour, I go into the living room to see what Reese is up to. Andrew sits down by Taytum, and I stand by the couch, right behind the spot where Reese is sitting.

Reese leans her head back to look at me, and smiles.

"Can we go back to the car?" I ask, putting my hands on her shoulders. "I forgot my phone."

"You goober," Reeese says, standing up and heading towards the kitchen. She grabs her keys before we head back out to the parking garage. She holds my hand the entire time that we're walking to the car. Once we get there, she unlocks the car for me to grab my phone, and then I shut the door. I turn around and give her a knowing smile.

"I may have left my phone in here on purpose, so we'd have to come get it," I say.

Reese laughs. "Why?"

"Because," I say, pulling her in for a hug. "I wanted you to myself for a second or two. I've been around so many people today. Sometimes I need a quiet moment, just with you."