Dominic

The Next Day

My friends, Reese, and I spent most of the day on the beach today. We're staying near a more private beach, so we were able to have a lot of fun there today. It's nice to get away from places where I'm always being recognized sometimes. It feels good to just be myself while I'm hanging out with my friends, and my girlfriend.

Reese and I laid out in the sun for a bit, our towels spread out on the sand. I brought a lot of sunscreen, so I made sure nobody was getting burned. Maverick and Cooper are playing football, while Nate and Macey went to go find where the ice cream shop is. Maggie is sitting under the giant umbrella that Maverick brought, reading a book.

Later tonight, we're all going on a sunset dinner cruise. They'll have live entertainment aboard, drinks, and dancing, and the beautiful views of Hawaii all around.

We decided that we're all going to get dressed up, and take pictures while we're on the boat. I can't wait. This will really be the first time that Reese and I have gotten super dressed up together. We both have a very casual sense of style, so it'll be fun to get fancy for once. These kinds of occasions feel very special to us.

-

"You look handsome," Reese says, walking into our room. She's wearing a pale orange sundress that complements her tanned olive skin perfectly.

I smile. "Thanks, stunner." I'm sitting at the edge of the bed, and Reese walks closer to me to wrap her arms around my neck.

"We'll have to get some pictures of us tonight," she says. "For our scrapbook."

"Of course," I say. "You look too beautiful for us to pass that opportunity up."

Reese smiles, leaning down to kiss my cheek. "I love you."

"I love you too, baby. Thanks for coming on this trip with me."

"Thanks for inviting me. I'm glad I'm getting to know your friends better now."

"Me too. They like you a lot," I say.

Reese smiles. "Really? I hope so."

"Yes, baby. They do."

"Are you guys almost ready? I think we're heading out soon," Macey says, popping her head into the doorway.

"Yeah, we're ready," Reese says. She smiles at me before taking my hand, and then we follow Macey downstairs to meet everyone else.

It's only a ten minute walk to the dock where we get on the boat, and then a host seats us all at a dinner table together. Once our orders are taken, Maverick, Nate and I go to the bar to grab drinks for everyone. The girls and Cooper are each not twenty-one yet, so we had to get the drinks for them.

"Thank you," Reese says, after I've handed her strawberry daiquiri to her. "You're the best."

"Of course, Reesey pie," I say.

She smiles. "You know, that's actually one of my favorite nicknames. I know it sounds a little silly, but I love it."

"Yeah, Reesey pie?"

She laughs. "Now you're just saying it to flirt with me."

"I'll do anything to flirt with you," I say, kissing her cheek.

"You look really, really handsome tonight," she says. "I kind of like it when we get dressed up sometimes. It's fun to be fancy with you."

"We should do this more often. Go on fancy outings. It'll happen more during awards season. Especially since I've had a new album out for almost a year now."