Dominic

For Reese's birthday, her family is hosting a fancy family brunch at their house. Everyone's getting dressed up (business casual, I'd say), and it's going to be a really fun day. After brunch, we're going with Tenley and Josh, and Taytum and Andrew to go see a musical in the city. Once the play is over, we're going to a nice restaurant for a late lunch/early dinner, and Reese's brother Austin, Milo, Maeve and Landon, and Maren are all meeting us there.

Reese wanted to spend the day with her family, so that's what we're doing. Her friends Laynie and Sabrina are even going to lunch with everyone, along with Reese's two childhood best friends, Morgan and Izzy. It's going to be the perfect day, in Reese's eyes.

Tomorrow, we're spending the whole day together, just the two of us. Reese wants us to have an all-day date, because she's spending the whole day with Milo the day after. They have a tradition of spending one of the days in between their birthdays together, since their birthdays are in the same week.

Brunch at Reese's parents' house is a blast. The food is great, the mocktails are delicious, and visiting with everyone is always so nice. Reese's nephews insist on sitting with Reese, which I know makes her really happy. She loves those kids with her whole heart. It's so sweet to see her interactions with them, and I have a great confidence in the fact that she'll be an amazing mother one day.

We have a blast going to see West Side Story in Downtown Chicago with Reese's sisters, Josh, and Andrew. It's always a great time when Tenley and Josh are in town. Josh and I have become good friends since I started dating Reese.

Josh has given some great life advice to me, and, it's nice to have the perspective of someone a little bit older, who also knows what it's like to be young and in a serious relationship. Not to mention how talented of a comedian he is. It sounds cliche to say, but he is probably the funniest person I've ever met. Reese is always excited to see Tenley and Josh, even more so when their twins are with them.

After the show is over, we get onto one of the 'L' trains and head to the restaurant where we're meeting up with everyone else for lunch. Reese's cousins are here, Landon tagging along with Maeve, plus Sabrina, Laynie, Morgan and Izzy. Taytum had called to book the reservation a few weeks ago, so we were lucky enough to reserve the private room in the back of the restaurant, that is mostly for special occasions.

It's a beautiful restaurant, with nice views of the city out the windows. Reese is really happy that everyone could join us today. I can tell that she thrives when she's surrounded by family members and people she's known for a very long time. She gets overwhelmed in crowds, but it's different when it's just her family.

After we get back to her house, we both shower and change into comfier clothes. Reese, of course, is wearing one of my T-shirts and a pair of her sweat shorts. I swear she always looks amazing in my shirts. She should just keep all of them at this point.

We settle on the couch to relax for the rest of the day. I already gave her all of her birthday gifts this morning, so all of the festivities are officially done for the day. We had a great time, but now it's time for just us.

"Did you have fun today?" I ask. Reese is currently laying with her head on my chest, and we are enjoying the air conditioning in her apartment. The tv is on, but mostly for background noise. That's how it usually goes with us.

"I had the best day," she says. "Thanks for being here with me."

"I wouldn't miss it for the world, Reese. Happy birthday."

"Thank you," she says. "I love you."

"I love you too," I say. "You're the best thing I ever could have imagined happening in my life. I'm so grateful to have you, and I always will appreciate what we've built together. I can't wait to see what the future holds, and I will always support you in anything you decide to do."

"Awww," she says. "You're the sweetest person I've ever met. I really got lucky when you came into my life."

"Yeah, you did," I say. "Got lucky, I mean," I add, winking at my girlfriend.

Reese laughs and sits up, before hitting my arm with a throw pillow. "You're such a goober sometimes."

"What can I say? Goobers love other goobers."

"True," she says, still laughing. I can tell she's in a really playful mood right now, and I think it's so cute. "Anyway, Maren got some good news about her gymnastics."

"Oh, really? What?"

Reese smiles. "She finally gets to make her international senior elite debut. In January. That means she'll be competing with other gymnasts who are eligible to compete at the Olympic Trials. She's on track to go to The Olympics next year, so starting as a senior as soon as possible is going to be incredible for her."

"Wow. That's amazing. Does she know where her first international competition will be?"

"Yes," Reese says. "Australia in January. It'll be so warm there, and a bunch of my family are going. Would you wanna go with us if I went?"

"Of course," I say. "Sounds fun. I've been to Australia before."

Reese smiles. "Aunt Alex and Uncle Grayson went on their honeymoon in Australia. Fun fact, Maeve and Milo were both born before Gray and Alex got married."

"I think I remember you mentioning that, babe," I say. "Their story is so sweet."

"One of our family favs," Reese says. "My parents' is my favorite. Besides us. I'm too biased, so I have to choose my parents' story."

"Theirs is really sweet too," I say. "That story inspires me a lot. They went through so much to end up together in the end, and I know their persistence and dedication is something you rarely find in someone else. I always want you to know how dedicated I am to you."

"I know," Reese says. "Same with me. You have shown me so much love, and kindness, and compassion, that I know I'll never find another person who's like you. In every lifetime, my soul would search for yours. I just know it. I can feel it."

"Me too," I say. "That's why I asked if you wanted to get a tattoo with me. It just felt like a sign when you agreed to."

Reese lays her head back on my chest and snuggles up to me. "I love you. Thanks for everything you do for me. And for simply being you."

"I love you too," I say. "More than anything."