Reese

Spending the day with Dominic and my family for my birthday was all I could've asked for. It was the perfect day. I felt so relaxed, and had so much fun with my loved ones. It really made me realize how lucky I am to have such a great band of people surrounding me.

Today, Dominic and I are spending the whole day together, just the two of us. Tomorrow, Milo and I will spend the day together, and then I'm having a girl's day with my sisters, Maren, and Maeve.

Because of Maren's gymnastics schedule, it's very rare for her to be able to spend an off-day with us, and it's rare for us girl cousins to all be in one place at the same time these days. With Taytum's traveling, and Tenley living in New Jersey for most of the year, plus Maren's gymnastics, it's always nice to have us all together.

Dominic and I went to the grocery store to get some food, snacks, drinks, and stuff to make some easy desserts, so we can have a day at my grandparents' lake house. It'll just be the two of us, and I figured the lake is the perfect spot for an all-day date. There's only one rule in that house, and it's to leave the house in the same condition as you found it, or better.

We also have a shared family calendar, that allows us to know who is going to be at the lake house, and when. It's nice to know, so that we don't accidentally try to show up at the lake house when someone else is already there. I guess that would be a happy accident when it comes to my family, but it's nice to have it to ourselves when we can. It's always fun when the whole family is here, but it's also a really nice place for a couple to enjoy a day or a weekend together there.

The lake house is one of my favorite places to go, since it's on private property. I don't have to worry about paparazzi or fans finding us, and we can just hang out and have fun. This is one of my "sacred places". I love not having to share this aspect of my life. It keeps the pressure away from my relationship.

Dominic and I make lunch, and then we eat outside on the back deck. The water is sparkling today from the sunshine, and the weather is perfect.

"I'm thinking about selling my house in L.A.," Dominic says. "I'm rarely there anymore. I'm usually on tour, or at my parent's house. I might as well buy a house in Seattle, or find a nice apartment out there. I'm not sure about buying another house yet, since I'm always traveling these days."

"That makes sense," I say. "You also always have a place at mine, so you're all set when it comes to Chicago."

"Thanks, babe. What I'm thinking, is maybe I'll lease a condo in Seattle until I make another decision about where I want to live. Whether it's buying another house, or in a few years buying a house with you, or us building a house. Maybe a condo would be smart, since it's just for now."

"Then you can be close to your parents, while still having your own space," I say. "Maybe someday we'll build a house. Either here, or in Seattle. As long as we're together, it doesn't matter to me where we are."

"Maybe we'll have a house here, and a condo there or something. I know how important your family is to you, and that you'll probably want our future kids to be raised near your parents."

I smile. "I love that you think about these kinds of things. It's so sweet."

"There's no one I'd rather think about a future with than you. You're one of the biggest blessings in my life."

"Thank you, honey," I say. "I'm so grateful to be loved by you. It's the best feeling I've ever experienced."

Dominic smiles, reaching for my hand. "I don't really know what I was expecting to happen when we met, but I do know that you have exceeded my expectations so much that I'm not sure I could've even imagined how great our relationship has been."

I lean my head on his shoulder, as Dominic's arm wraps around me. "Every time you say something, I swear it's sweeter than anything you've ever said before. I don't know how you do it, but you do. That's one of the things I love most about you. You always raise the bar higher and higher."

Dominic kisses the top of my head. "You do too, baby. You're the most supportive girlfriend I've ever had. You're also the most serious girlfriend I've ever had, but it's still a big feat. Girls I've dated before were never understanding of your schedules, or studio schedules, or anything."

"I'm always going to be supportive of your creative endeavors. Your music is one of my favorite things. I hold it so close to my heart, especially since we've been together."

"That means so much to me, Reese. You have no idea."

"Being on tour with you for most of the summer was fun," I say. "I like the spontaneity of it all. Traveling, staying in hotels, partying at the venues. Meeting new people constantly. It's fun, and I can see why you love it so much."

"It's really fun, but also has it's difficult moments too. I'm always grateful to be on tour, but sometimes it's nice to be on break as well."

"I get that. Sometimes it's nice to take a breather, be with family, and recuperate before your next venture."

"Exactly," Dominic says. "It's like you're reading the words straight from my brain, Reese. You just get it, all the time."

"It's part of what makes us so great together. We have a foundation built on the fact that we understand each other so well."

"I can't wait to see what this next year brings," Dominic says. "I just know it'll be incredible to see it all unfold with you by my side."