Entry #33

i took a shower when we got to Jimmy's house, and when i got out, he was browsing netflix for something to watch.

"how to train your dragon sounds good," i said from the doorway of the bathroom, making Jimmy jump off the bed. i snickered. "did I scare you? i didn't mean to." i sat next to him on his bed. "have you asked about dying your hair yet?"

Jimmy shrugged. "dad's baking with lizzie right now," he said. "if I interrupt them, lizzie's going to have my head on a silver platter."

"well... it's your hair, right?" i pointed out. "your hair, your choice."

Jimmy paused. "you know, what? yeah. let's just do it."

i gave Jimmy a trim, then dyed the undersides of his hair dark green and the tips of the rest of his hair a lighter shade. i thought about cutting my own hair to give myself a wolfcut since it was long enough now, but i decided against it.

i snorted from where i stood by the tub as Jimmy checked out his hair, drying my own hair with a dark towel so i didn't get purple on Jimmy's nicer towels. i shook my head around a bit before running my hands through my wet hair.

"i have... green hair," Jimmy said. "i actually have green hair."

i laughed again, hanging the towel on the wall. "Jimmy, you're adorable."

Jimmy's cheeks turned pink, but he looked upset. i readied myself as he turned to face me. "why do you keep saying that?"

"saying what?" i asked nervously.

"things like that," Jimmy explained uncomfortably. "like calling me cute." he paused, staring at me. the blush on his face turned dark. "you..." he let out a groan before walking out of the bathroom. "just forget it."

i walked out after him. "wait, Jimmy, I'm sorry," i said. "i want to know what i did."

Jimmy turned back to my, a frustrated look on the his face. "are you kidding?" he said. "you can't keep flirting with me like that when you have a boyfriend, scott!" i flinched. "and you kissed me earlier at drama, too!" he sighed, his shoulders relazing. "can you... not? it's not right. not just to zach, but to me, too."

i nodded, my heart sinking into my stomach. "right," i said quietly. "i'll stop. i'm sorry. i didn't realize that-"

"it's fine," Jimmy cut me off. we stood in an uncomfortably awkward silence before Jimmy sighed. "why did you kiss me?" he asked quietly, but i didn't have an answer. i don't know why i did it. "Scott-"

"i don't know!" i snapped, immediately clamping my hands over my mouth. my heart was thumping so hard in my chest, i almost thought that it had to be visible. "oh my god, i'm so sorry, i- i should leave, shouldn't i?"

Jimmy shook his head. "what? no, you don't need to-"

i shook my head. "i'm overstaying my welcome-"

"no, you're not."

i looked up at Jimmy. why was he so mad at me? i didn't understand. he flirted with me, too, so why was it so bad that i flirted with him?

"you can stay as long as you want," Jimmy clarified. "i'm not upset at you, if that's what you're thinking." what?

i nodded. "okay..."

"wanna ask if you can sleep over tonight?" Jimmy offered after a moment of silence.

"hell yeah!"