Promising Lead

"In my bar?! MY BAR???!" Yeonjun sends Kai a death stare, running behind the bar to batch the little bastard. "oh Jung Huening you are so, so dead."

"You could've done it at any, ANY other place but noooooo. You had to do it here? I SERVE PEOPLE FOOD HERE!"

Kai hops on the counter, successfully avoiding Yeonjun grabby hands and goes to seek shelter behind one of the tables.

"He- he was a part of it too!" He points at Taehyun who gets out of the storage room to see what all the fuss is about. The black haired male leans on the frame of the door between the bar and the kitchen, grinning in amusement.

"He's an accomplice too!" Kai turns the attention to Taehyun, which in return shrugs his shoulders and gives Yeonjun an innocent smile.

Yeonjun turns his attention back to Kai. Pointing an accusatory finger at him.

"It doesn't matter." Yeonjun chases Kai around the room. "Because I know YOU initiated it!"

Kai hides behind Taehyun's figure, it not nearly as broad and tall to hide him properly.

"He did! Taehyun started it!" Kai cries, fearing for his own life.

"Passing the blame onto your partner. I have to say Kai, that is very romantic." Taehyun whispers over his shoulder. "He is right though, Hyung."

Yeonjun stops running, his expression slowly morphing from anger to surprise, and then, finally giddiness.

"Really?! Ah, Taehyunnie! Really, how, I mean... tell me everything!" Yeonjun eyes light up.

"Wait, wait, wait, you're not going to chase him around?" Kai questions, feeling wronged.

"You, you little rascal." Yeonjun gives him a hardened look that makes his spine shiver. "You are already on thin ice with me. But Taehyun, I've been waiting 6 years for the guy to do something scandalous. But he's so goodie goodie all the damn time. It's so boring." Yeonjun rants, panting by the time he's done.

"Hey!" Taehyun exclaims, clearly offended by that remark.

"What?" Yeonjun gets defensive. "It's true..."

The door opens with a powerful swing, the bells above the door, that are supposed to ring softly. Now make an non harmonic sound due to the strong entrance.

"Who missed me?" Beomgyu says in a deep satori voice, finishing the last of his cigarettes before Yeonjun gets on his ass for smoking in doors.

He takes one look at Kai's bright face, and a glance at Taehyun. He grins, walking over to the counter.

"So you guys are honking booties now?" Beomgyu says casually. Very much referring to the two youngest in the room, who gave up on trying to hide it.

Taehyun shoots him a glare while Kai face plants himself into the table, groaning in embarrassment.

"What?" Beomgyu asks as if there was no problem with what his comment.

Kai peels his face of the table, giving Beomgyu a distasteful look.

"Can't you say that in a less... Beomgyu way?"

"Oh, sorry." Beom clicks his tongue.

"So you guys are MakiNggg lOve?" He flutters his eyelashes, making the uwu gesture.

"That is worse..." Kai gaps at him. "that is so much worse.."

"You asked for it."

..................

"So, you went through how many files?" Yeonjun asks with a hopeless voice. He looks at the clock, determining that they have about 1.5 hours until he, Beomgyu and Soobin have to start the night's shift. If they want to move forward with their plan, they actually need to have one by midnight.