Hero Of The Rich

Taehyun watched as Kai took off his helmet. Golden hairs falling delicately on his face as he sets the helmet aside, and gives Taehyun his undivided attention.

they were just outside Yeonjun's apartment building. Kai parking right next to the pavement and being the gentleman he is, even offering to escort Taehyun all the way to the door.

"Aren't you tired?" Kai asks with the same, constant thoughtfulness in his soft voice.

He goes to cup Taehyun's face in his palm, smiling at the elder like he's the only one existing in the world.

"You should go inside." Kai laughs quietly. nudging Taehyun closer to the door. "Why are you still standing here?" He questions.

Taehyun licked his lips nervously.

"Are you going back to the bar?" He questions.

Kai nods affirmatively.

"Someone needs to clean the mess."

"I don't like the thought of you going back there." Taehyun breaths deep, his eyes piercing Kai's frame.

"It scared you? What they did?"

"Of course it fucking scared me!" Taehyun yells in frustration of Kai being so damn calm when someone had literally intended to throw bricks at him.

"Idiot.." Taehyun adds when Kai smiles sheepishly at him. Not taking his words too seriously. "This was a direct threat at you and here you are laughing..." he rolls his eyes.

"Kang Taehyun." Kai calls in surprise, gasping dramatics. "Is it possible? Are you worried about me?"

Taehyun looks at Kai as if he landed from another planet. Because that is just what it feels like if you're standing in Taehyun's shoes.

Kai raises an eyebrow when Taehyun gives him a sour face. to a stranger, it might seem like Kai is genuinely curious, and clueless as to why Taehyun gives him such an expression. but to the elder it's quite clear that Kai is just trying to mess with him to lighten the mood.

"You are so annoying, you know that?"

"I have been told so, yeah." Kai laughs brightly.

Taehyun's expression slowly goes back to that same worried one he had wore when first getting off the terrifying vehicle.

"It's an empty threat, Big Shot." Kai says when Taehyun doesn't seem to have any intention to leave. Not until he feels better about what had taken place at his friends' workplace.

He can't even imagine what Yeonjun is feeling. Having his bar violated in such a vicious way.

The damages. It'll cost Yeonjun at least two workdays until the bar will finally be ready to open again.

If it happened again, Taehyun knows Yeonjun isn't from a well off family. He runs the bar all by himself, and had opened it using all of his savings.

Another attack like that and he can kiss his business goodbye.

"I made some people mad.." Kai admits, although cryptically. "They got their revenge, they won't do anything else."

Taehyun chews on the inside of his cheeks, the thought of someone wanting to avenge Kai for whatever reason, makes him unbelievably irritable

"was it the same people who did this..." he points at a faint yellow bruise on Kai's jaw, the one he first saw when Kai had picked him up from the train station just a few weeks ago. the bruise that once sat dark on Kai's face has now faded into a color easier on the eyes.

Kai seems to ponder for a while, before finally nodding.

"well.." he smiles sadly. averting him eyes from Taehyun.