Hacker Boy

"I...hmm. I-I can... try."

All 3 boys jumped from the bar's couch. Huddled over the computer on the very back side of the place. Away from everyone's eyes.

It might've been smarter to pick a place where they could see if someone was approaching. But given the fact that the bar doesn't open for at least another 4 hours, they thought they were safe.

They all stared at Soobin's awkward frame, wide eyed and startled from the sudden appearance.

Yeonjun was the first one to snap back to reality.

"Binnie... what are you doing here?" he asks, albeit, in a tone too harsh for Soobin.

"I-I got bored at home... And.. I m-missed you.." Soobin blabbers quietly. noticing this might not have been a great moment to intrude. but he overheard their conversation, and thought he could help.

by the look and Yeonjun's tone, Soobin wonders if he's mad at him for not letting him know before leaving the house.

 "I can g-go back.. I'm sorry.." he turns around of his heels with his head low and heart dejected, ready to leave the bar.

"wait! Soobinnie..!" Yeonjun gets up to catch Soobin right as he's about to walk away. "it'd okay, I'm not mad or anything. we were just surprised." he smiles at the younger.

"really?" Soobin pouts his lips.

Yeonjun nods, patting his hair gently

"Soobin-Hyung!" Beomgyu yells despite the table being only a meter far from the elders. "how much did you hear, by chance.." he grins.

Yeonjun glares, and Beomgyu shrugs his shoulders.

"he said he could help, and he heard us talking anyways. there's no point in hiding what we're doing." Beomgyu nudges Kai's shoulder. "Right?"

Kai thinks for a few seconds, than nods with a bright smile.

"and Hyung said he could help, too!" he exclaims. "right, Soobin Hyung?" he looks up at the tall, lean man with hopeful eyes.

"Binnie can't hack.." Yeonjun laughs. dismissing that idea almost automatically.

"Ah.. I think he can." Beomgyu does a head gesture towards Soobin's face, one that seems like it's caught red handed.

Yeonjun turns to look at Soobin's contemplating face. And suddenly, the thought of Soobin hacking his way through the dark web is not so absurd anymore.

"I... I stand corrected." Yeonjun mumbles. Eyes lighting in surprise,  as if the information is throwing him off a little bit. "You can hack?"

"I can code.." Soobin speaks quietly. "I was supposed to be a computer engineer, but- I'm sorry.. I'm talking a lot." He hides his face in his hands. Not used to having so much attention on himself.

And with 3 meerkats pinning him with their curious eyes. He starts getting nervous.

Yeonjun looks at him with locksick eyes. Wondering how he found himself in a relationship with a walking ball of anxiety and dimples.

He reassures Soobin that it's okay.

"C-can I?" Soobin eyes the computer.

"Sure!" Kai is more than happy giving Soobin the reins. He hands Soobin Yeonjun's laptop, and the elder sits on the couch with his back against the window.

"Just so you know.." Kai scratches his nape. "This is, a bit, not exactly, all legal." He laughs nervously.

"I know. It's fine.." Soobin is chill, too chill for someone who's about to break at least 3 laws.