Chapter 11: Hidden

Oh, isn't this amazing?

~~Ominis~~

He was having great fun hearing the little reactions she made to his words and soft, tentative touches. She seemed to welcome the touches, even letting her hand brush against his arm on occasion too. It was a small miracle to him that a woman would even want to be near him, nonetheless making these breathless small flirtations he so enjoyed.

He wasn't sure when things had changed, or even how they had changed, but he definitely wasn't complaining. Especially not with the breathless sound of her voice, the soft chuckles she made when he jumped a bit under her touch. She was enchanting, intoxicating, and he found himself wanting to spend all day speaking with her.

He'd been a fool to treat her so poorly when they'd first met. How had he not realized what sort of treasure he'd stumbled upon? And he'd even been considering ignoring her. What a moron he'd been.

Then again he doubted she'd have allowed him to ignore her for long.

"Are you feeling any better?" Ariadne asked him softly, having gotten tea for them both. She had learned to hand him the cup by letting it touch his fingertips so he could close his hands around it easier, but he always made sure to brush his fingers against her skin regardless. Just to hear that little inhale she made each time. Lovely.

"Yes, much better." He said with a little smile. "I may be able to return to our bed tonight."

He chuckled when he heard a flustered noise from her, her teacup clattering a bit. Ah she was so easy to rile, he had great fun doing so.

Honestly though, sleeping in the same bed after these little flirty words all day might be difficult. It would be all too easy to give into temptation again. He was determined to do this right... because he was pretty sure if he didn't fuck this up somehow, they might be in this for the long haul.

He'd never imagined this would even be a possibility, that he could find someone that reacted to him like a woman would with any normal man, yet here he was. He was a Gaunt, most people were terrified of their family- and for good reason. Not only that, but he was also blind. He wasn't exactly the best suitor to a woman. He'd relegated himself to being alone and miserable forever.

"Well I'm glad you're feeling better." Ariadne said softly, taking a sip of tea. "I never thanked you for helping me... so... um... thank you." She said the last words warmly, but she sounded so anxious saying them.

He reached out toward her, his fingertips brushing against her arm gently before he followed it up to her hand. He brushed his thumb against her palm gently, a light yet oddly sensual touch that made her let out a little feminine sound that almost made him want to growl and hiss in response. Snake and rabbit indeed.

"It's no problem, Ariadne." Ominis said gently as his thumb continued to brush against her palm as he spoke. "It was my fault you ran off in the first place, so it was the least I could do."

"We still hardly know anything about each other." She sighed softly, though her hand started running her fingertips along his palm in a reciprocating touch that had his heart hammering in his chest. These little light touches were more sultry than anything he'd ever experience before.

"No, we don't... and unfortunately this room isn't very private. I'd rather talk away from prying ears." He said quietly, hearing footsteps walk by in the hallway as a servant passed by in their chores.

"Is there a more private place we can go to?" She asked.

"Well, I would invite you back to the study but that would just raise suspicions even more." He said quietly. He still didn't trust the servants at all.