Chapter 14 - Left me

My fingers twisted into uncomfortable knots, my eyes locked on my feet. The floor suddenly looked interesting.

"Seungmin you look quite familiar...."

This can't be happening.

Not infront of Hyunjin and Felix.

Where am I supposed to go now?

You see just a few years back, I attended a music school in California. It was a presetigous one as well, many celebrities had found their start there.

Including me.

Including Yeonjun.

He was actually one of my good friends, we were both Korean-American and we both had a passion for music.

But he never really took off to stardom the way I did, though he definitely had the potential to.

I never saw him again after I got picked up and signed by my label and dropped out of that school.

But I know he knows everything.

"Haha Seungmin gets that a lot, he has such a celebrity face right?" A voice rings out.

My head shoots up and my eyes lock with Hyunjin. His expression is calm.

Always knowing just what to do.

"Ah yeah he looks a lot like a friend of mine." Yeonjun laughs it off with Hyunjin while my heart runs a marathon in panic.

Their conversation continues as another customer walks in and I slowly force myself move my feet to walk toward the register.

Why didn't he say anything?

Maybe it's because I'm mute now?

Thousands of thoughts flow through my head while making a chai latte for the new customer. I had almost spilled a fresh gallon of milk while being so deep in thought.

I pull myself together, smiling as I hand the finished drink over and collect the money. Of course my hand was shaking still, thankfully none of the drink had spilled.

Suddenly a figure appears at my side.

His warm aura calming me, the way his hand rests on my shoulder in a caring manner.

Always knowing just what to do.

"Minnie do you wanna go back to your place?" My eyes find themselves in his, "Your shift is almost over..."

⋘⇹※⁘⁙★⁙⁘※⇹⋙

I waatch the boy infront of me, the gift given to me from god himself.

His round glasses resting on the top of his nose, eyes busy moving along the words on the book infront of him. I could stare at him for hours.

I would never even consider leaving him.

Seungmin has become one of the most important people in my life.

I can feel my jaw clench thinking about what that counselor said, as if I'm friends with him out of pity. I won't ever let anyone talk about Seungmin like that, he is so much more than his flaws.

Who would be here with me today if it were not for him? All my friends are with their lovers, honestly I would have probably been at a random party getting drunk to feel better.

But now I have him.

My safe space.

Suddenly I feel a hand on my forehead, which snaps me right out of my thoughts. My eyes locking with the boy infront of me.