Chapter 32 - Taken

~ 3 days later

They said I ranked 3rd in the school!

"That's my smart jagi!" Hyunjin grins ruffling the my hair with one hand while carrying a bag in the other.

My parents had woken up a few hours ago. Recovering surprisingly fast too. After our emotional reunion, they were immediately under questioning due to the high profile investigation with the family.

Since I had been outed to the public as a former celebrity, the media had gone wild. The justice system works in strange ways. Our case had suddenly been more prioritized by police. They were hard at work finding connections between my accident and my parents'. Along with the stalker and my whole mess of a life.

Anyways, my exams had gone well. I hadn't got any texts from the number after I gave it to the police. And I finally opened up the cafe yesterday for the first time since the incident.

Things were looking up.

But I know not to get my hopes high.

My boyfriend offered to help bring some of my stuff back to his place since my parents were expected to be discharged in a couple weeks and I would live with him until then.

So here we are, at the house that I haven't step foot in in what felt like a century. It had an almost eerie feeling.

I hold Hyunjins hand tight in mine.

"Don't think about it too much babe, we can be quick." Hyunjin notices my sudden panic.

I give him a quick smile to tell him I'm fine but I can't seem to shake the strange feeling when I put my hand to the door knob.

With a small click and beep, the door opens to reveal an unrecognizable house.

Hyunjin gasps as the sight as I completely forget how to breathe.

The home reeks of an undescribable odor. It smelled almost familiar.

The house was a mess.

Furniture was flipped, paintings teared down. Every drawer open every shoe flipped.

Someone had been here.

Was I... robbed?

Papers cover the ground, some ripped, some with Xs covering them.

I slowly bend down to pick one up and turn it over, only to realize their posters.

Not just any posters.

They're my posters.

With my face.

The whole house had been trashed. All of my baby photos knocked down with glass shards scattered everywhere.

A clear liquid covers everything.

My chest feels tight as I hear a thud coming from the kitchen.

Shit shit shit

Hyunjin immediately pushes himself infront of me. He's just as panicked but he still puts himself first.

A shadowed figure emerges from the kitchen with loud chuckling.

Loud familiar chuckling.

My legs almost give out when I see who it is. Hyunjin grip on my hand tightens even more.

Choi Yeonjun

His chuckling turns to cackling.

"You came right to me huh?" He spits out, his eyes bloodshot when he steps into the light.