Chapter 18 - Just a party

All of a sudden I don't know if I can do this Hyung

I slightly chuckle and roll my eyes as I help him out of the car, "Seungmin-ah it's just a party!"

No shit I know it's a party dumbass. He flips me off in his sudden mood swing.

"Woah guess your nervousness is making you moody huh?" I playfully hit his shoulder as we make our way to the house with our group.

The group had split off into a pairs, with one being a triplet of Changbin Felix and Yeonjun. The house is huge, which is not a surprise to most as Mira is known to be one of the richest.

As soon as we walk in our noses are greeted with the burning scent of alcohol and a similar feeling to a boys locker room after the gym final test. Seungmin sticks himself to my shoulder as we wander deeper into the house, his hand gripping my arm. As much as I want to take him home and keep him safe, I want him to experience the world as well. I can't protect him from everything.

"Seungmin-ah it's okay, you'll be fine with me remember?" I gently whisper into his ear, making sure he heard over the loud music playing in the background.

He nods as I wrap my hand around his waist and we continue to walk deeper into the house. The group finds ourselves at the drink area where Seungmin finally finds the courage to let go of me and take a seat on a stool.

Feeling relieved, I find a drink to place in his hands hoping he would loosen up. I hand him a cup of orange juice and smile at him.

He stares at it for a moment and meets my eyes witha cute pout, Hyunjin I can't drink alcohol because of my throat. Are you trying to get me drunk or something?

"No no no Seungmin-ah" I find myself giggling as my collar heats up, "It's just clean orange juice baby don't worry."

But his face goes bright red.

Baby?

⇷ ⏾ ⇸

Felix and Jisung had taken Seungmin to the dance floor, and as much as that worried me, I was hoping he would have more fun instead of doing nothing the whole time.

Now I was peacefully sitting at the bar area of the mansion, a small drink in hand. The music was not as loud over here and it was kind of a strange atmosphere. I sat there and scrolled through my camera roll as I was looking for a picture of me, seungmin, and kkami at the park the other day. The picture was adorable and definitely Lock Screen worthy, but I couldn't seem to find it.

I kept searching until I felt eyes staring into the side of my head.

"Minho hyung, what do you want?" I ask looking up at the older who had been the one to burn his eyes into my head.

"You and Seungmin?"

That was unexpected

I open my mouth to come up with comeback about him and Jisung, but nothing comes out. As I'm at a loss for words I quickly close my mouth and look back at my phone, feeling a bit stupid.

Noticing my lack of words Minho gasps and silently squeals, hoping to not attract attention from the people around us

"Really? Have you really got a crush? The Hwang Hyunjin crushing on someone first?!!"

"Shhhhh hyung, it's really not that deep I just like hanging out with him!" I whisper shout back at Minho who's still grinning.

"Says the one with half his camera roll full of the boy" We both chuckle before Minho takes a sip of his drink.

"Well do you think you can handle it?"

"What do you mean?" I stop scrolling and lift an eyebrow eyeing the boy questionably.

"I mean you know he's disabled and shit," Minho explains boringly while taking another sip of his drink.

The way he said those words with ease brung out something inside of me, "What's wrong with that?" I suddenly raise my voice at the older, something I don't do often.

"I mean he's kind of useless you know? No offense but It's hard to live without a voice." Minho explains calmly, as if what he is saying doesn't have any impact, "He'll be a burden that will make it harder for you in the future Hyunjin"

"How could you say that!???" I suddenly slam hands on the table and stand up, catching the attention of everyone around us. Maybe it's the alcohol or what the counselor had told me but I couldn't let him say such a thing.

"Woah calm down Hyunjin, I was just being honest? He's a burden." Minho tries to grab my hand and pull me back down to sit down on a stool, but I quickly push it away. A sudden burst of anger hits me.

"A BURDEN!? I ACTUALLY ENJOY MY TIME WITH SEUNGMIN BECAUSE HE ACTUALLY CARES ABOUT ME!!"

The bar goes silent to hear the juiciest fight between two of the most popular boys of their school. Some pulling out their phones to record.

Fresh and juicy drama.

Minho sits there with his mouth slightly opened and at a loss of words. He never seen the boy so angry.

"MAYBE IF YOU WERENT SO BUSY TALKING ABOUT YOURSELF YOU WOULD NOTICE HOW I LONELY I FEEL!!" My voice suddenly booming across the room, over riding the music being heard from the dancing area. What i have wanted to say for so long suddenly flowing out of my lips.

"WELL YOU DONT NEED HIM, YOU HAVE PLENTLY OF PEOPLE WHO WANT YOU," Minho suddenly bursts out, standing up to face me, "WHAT ABOUT MIRA HUH??"

The rooms attention suddenly falls on the host of the party, Mira, who has been going around all night saying she's Hyunjins girlfriend. The very one who has been hanging out at the boys sacred table. And also the one who is definitely drunk out of her mind at the bar right now.

"HES ONLY GOING TO HURT YOU HYUNJIN, WAKE UP!" Minho continues trying to prove his point. The attention in the room reverts back to the boys who are now in a full blown verbal fight, "YOUR ONLY FRIENDS WITH HIM BECAUSE OF THE COUNSELOR FORCING YOU TO! YOU DONT NEED HIM ANYMORE!"

Those words hurt me deeper than I could ever imagine.

Sure it started that way but I can't imagine my life without the boy. Suddenly Minhos previous apology feels fake. Why is he acting like this? I can feel my cheeks wet from tears.

"HES THE ONLY THING I NEED! DONT EVER TALK ABOUT SEUNGMIN LIKE THAT!" My voice cracking with emotion, I can't believe my best friend would say something like that.

I turn to storm out of the room with anger, just to see the boy centering our argument standing before my eyes. His eyes glassy with tears and his lip quivering. Jisung stands behind him shocked and I can hear Minho call after him as he realizes that jisung overheard the fight. Of course he's only worried about his crush and not about the person he really hurt.

Suddenly the voices around me get fuzzy and the surrounding room goes blurry. My heart feels like it's been poked with hundreds of needles. Everything tunes out. All my attention goes to Seungmin as a single tear drop rolls down his cheek.

"Seungmin..."

A/n
Hehe one of my fav chapters.

What's gonna happen next???

Thank you for 500 reads and please keep continuing to support my story.
Hope you enjoyed!!