IFIWMB 44: What he knew

France (someone)'s POV

7 years ago.

"Insan!" Ano ba yan, ang ingay ingay ng insan ko.

"What?!" Irita kong sagot.

"Who's this girl?" Ugh. I knew she'd ask. I told her kasi about Ember. Sinabihan ko rin si Angie about Ember and I. At kung may communication sila sa kanya.

I tried to go to Ember's house a lot of times, pero binabalewala lang ako ng mom niya. Like, I don't exist.

"You don't know her, okay? So quit it out." Ang ingay talaga ng pinsan ko. I don't even know why she's my cousin.

"Mmm! By the way insan, I met this girl. Her name is---Ely. Yeah, Ely. I used to call her that. Bakit kasi hindi ka sumama kahapon eh! She helped me with my LBM 'no!" Tumawa ako ng malakas sa sinabi niya. Oo nga pala, nagkaLBM si insan pero gusto niya paring sumama sa vacation trip sa beach. Hindi na nga ako sumana eh. I'm too bored to enjoy my vacation. Computer at pagkain lang, okay na.

"What? I'm innocent!" I raised both of my hands. Galit na kasi yan. Hahaha!

"And you know what? Sila ang may ari ng resort dun." Patuloy pa niya. I just responsed with 'Ooh' para ipakita na interesado daw ako, kahit ang totoo, hindi naman talaga.

"You know kuya, nagduet kami. Akala ko nga masungit na eh! Barahin daw ba ako? Amp. Pero... She has a beautiful voice and she's pretty." She sighed. "How I wish I could meet her again. Someday, though."

"O-kay?" I asnwered, unsured what to say.

I never saw my sister this interested in a friend--not even once.

Who's that Ely, anyway?

I just shrugged at that thought. Not a big deal anyway.

After Ember's 18th debut.

Shit. Is it her? Siya ba yun? I tried to call my cousin and she answered the call after a few rings.

"What now, cous'? Regret you didn't come with me?" She asked sarcastically. I groaned. I'm pretty sure she has a raised brow right now.

"Who's this--Ely?" Out of my mind, I curiously asked that to my cousin.

"Kung sumama ka lang sakin, eh di sana nalaman mo! I won't tell! Bleh! Try to figure out yourself." I groaned again and heaved out a heavy sigh. This is hopeless. Like, fuck! It's been what, 4 years of no communication with her?! I can't even call her, or contact her in facebook. Pumunta ako ng WMA--like, a trillion times! But damn! Sinasabi nila palagi sakin na wala na si Ember kahit ang alam ko, tinatago lang nila si Ember. Bakit ba nila tinatago ang bestfriend ko?

Para akong sinakluban ng langit at lupa sa idea na birthday niya ngayon pero hindi man lang ako nakaattend.

I need to hire an investigator. I can't stand this. It's impossible na pinutol niya na lang ang communication namin ng walang dahilan, di ba? Shit. Shit. Shit.

After a week, I hired a private investigator and he's smart because he tracked Ember without any GPS. I don't care kung paano niya ginawa yun, all that matters is kung kumusta na siya. Si Ember.

Nalaman kong sa Siliman University na nagaaral si Ember and she's taking BS major in accountancy--which is, same as me. I even knew that she graduated in WMA. Sabi ko na nga ba, my friends lied at my face. Napakuyom ako nang nalaman ko yun. Why are they hiding her from me?! Wala namang problema!

I've been stalking her and I saw her twice. First, at the mall. I saw her sitting in a table outside the krispy kreme and I know she saw us. Kinaladkad ko si Hex pagkakita niya samin. Sino siya para lapitan ako? Kami? Does she know Hex? Or did she saw me? For all those years, bakit ngayon pa siya magpaparamdam? Second is when I saw her after a debut at a playground. Not even sure if it's her.

I hate her. I hate her so much to the point that I want to blame her for making my life miserable. How come did I say miserable? Because I love her! That bitch. Siguro meron ng iba kaya madali lang para kalimutan ako. Shit. Big deal ba yun France?! Gago ka kasi. Di na lang sinabi ang tatlong salita eh. Selosa pa naman yun.

The moment I first kissed her years ago, I swear to God, I already like her that time. How she cried in front of me, I wanted to hug her and tell her I love her. I already know she liked me at that time, I just don't want to fall for her because I know that bestfriend shit becomes a wall between us.

I don't want to step on my ego kaya dinaan ko na lang sa jokes at trip ang nararamdaman ko para sa kanya.

But now? I don't think she's worth it. I want to slap it on her face how much of a slut she is.

I heard about how she met Clide Kenner. The fuck! Inembestigahan ko ang about Clide Kenner's background, and his family owns a shipping shitty business. Narinig ko rin galing sa ibang students ng SU when I went there na playboy raw iyang CK na yan.

I was shocked when I knew that my cousin will be engaged to Clide, she said she just knew him. Period. I was angry at first, but I can't dictate her decisions. It's hers, after all.

So what I did, I went to Paris to manage one of our branches of cafés. Which is, Je'taime café. I want to live my whole life in Paris.

When I got there, I never stopped investigating Ember. I think my whole world shattered when I heard that she is privately engaged to someone. Hindi raw alam ng investigator ko kung sino.

How stupid. Kaya ako galit na galit sa kanya. She didn't even bothered to contact me.

To make the story short, once upon a time, there were two kiddos who were bestfriends. They secretly loved each other but the girl--the boy's bestfriend, just disappeared with a blink of an eye with no apparent reason. In the other hand, the boy lived his life with what if's and maybe's. What if she doesn't want me anymore? What if she forgot about me? What if she had an amnesia? Maybe she has a valid reason. Maybe she really got an amnesia. Maybe she'll come back.

Fucking hopes that will never come true.

End of flashback

I know na pupunta siya dito sa Paris. And damn! I cursed under my breath. It hurts seeing her with someone else--my ex bestfriend Angie--Hugging her so tight.

I was sitting at the counter table in my condo's kitchen when I decided to go to the bar tonight. I changed my clothes and went outside the condo to the bar.

I want to get my revenge. I want to make her feel how helpless I am. How my life became frustrated. How I missed her so bad. No, I'll make her suffer.

I'll let her feel how much I missed her and that I needed her badly because I love--no. Because I need her. And then, I'll left her like a trash.

I'll throw her away like what she did to me.