IFIWMB 50: Realistic date

Ember's POV

"Choy! Hurry up! We're going to be late! First real date, remember?" Usually, I'm the first one who had finished getting ready. Daig niya pa babae na palaging late sa date eh. I shouldn't be the one who's waiting here! Yoohoo! *waves hand*

"Okay! Hahaha! Just a minute." I'm so irritated. He's a minute late! Okay, first of all, sorry for too much exaggeration because I'm just super excited, second, he's so slow and we're late!

Tiningnan ko ang wrist watch ko and it's already ten o'clock in the morning. Correction, 10:01 just a second ago.

"Boys should always be earlier in casual dates you know." I said, matter-of-factly. Tapos na kasi siya and he's now here, in front of me.

"Sorry naman." He pouted. I just looked away. Cute kasi eh.

"Let's go!!" Exage kong sabi. I went out first and hopped inside his car.

I heard the car door shut, so it means he's already inside.

I just wore a simple outfit. Stripe polo na 3/4, blue jeans, and black doll shoes. While the person beside me--he's stunning, swear! He wore a pink striped long sleeves, fitted gray pants, and sneakers. Kahit pink suot niya, cute pa rin. Wala eh, mahal ko eh. Joke. Korni ko na. They always say that. When you're in love, it makes you a better person. Korni ko na nga eh.

Pero masaya pa rin ako. Why? Because this is going to be our first date! Include that we're back as bestfriends.

"Ano nginingiti-ngiti mo dyan?" Sabi niya habang sinusuot ang seat belt niya.

"Nah, wala 'to. Sa'n ba tayo pupunta besh?" I called him 'besh'. Bestfriend nga 'di ba? Panindigan na natin.

"You'll see." He grinned and started the engine.

I just shrugged and smiled secretly. Hindi ko man alam kung saan patungo 'to but I swear, kikiligin ako nito. I just want to make this day special. Just him and me. Nothing else.

The best love is the one that makes you a better person, without changing you into someone, other than your self.

France's POV

I was driving at pasilip silip akong napapatingin kay Ember. She was looking outside the window and silently smiles alone. Umiling-iling na lang ako. Looks like she's excited about this date, huh?

Actually, I'm really making this day special. Just like what bestfriends do, we will also do that. Just a normal hang out, but what makes it special is, what I feel for her is way more than just a bestfriend. Far, far way more than that.

I already told her what I felt but she didn't respond. Nah, it's fine though. The most important thing here is, she's with me, I'm with her. Bahala na fiancé niya magalala. I don't care about her secretary. Psh.

It was a quiet drive when her phone rang. Kinuha niya agad ito sa pocket niya and answered it without looking her phone.

"Hello? Uhm, ano kasi--I'm leaving for a month. Yes, yes. Anj, you know that already right? Yes, I trust you. Please? Thanks. You too. Take care, bye." She ended the call. She looked at me and formed a half-smile. Umiwas ako ng tingin. I feel jealous. She trusts him. Take care? Psh. So they really love each other. Mun'tanga na ako dito oh.

"France? Okay ka lang ba?" I didn't bother to look at her at mas pinabilis ang speed ko.

My forehead creased more. I hate being jealous.

"F-France naman! M-mababangga tayo nyan eh!" Hindi ko siya pinansin at lalong pinabilisan ang pagtakbo ng kotse.

"France, please." I heard her sob. Shit! Bigla akong nagpreno and I glanced at her and she was crying.