IFIWMB 60: Special Chapter

Author’s POV

“Grandma! Grandpa!” Scarlet exclaimed in ecstasy as she will hear another love story from her grandparents. Their old love story was always her favorite bed time story. She’s not like other kids who loved fairytales and stuff, instead she would be alright with their grandparents’ story.

“My beautiful and handsome grandchildren! Oh, how we missed you.” Grandma Ember extended her arms allowing Chris and Scarlet to hug her. Scarlet did, Chris didn’t. He was just standing at Scarlet’s back. He can’t forget how Scarlet get into his nerves. His grandma sees that. Also his grandpa–France.

And because this is a boys talk, his grandpa led him to the backyard and talked to him in private. “Is this about Scarly?” He was shocked–but shooked his head again. He was right. Grandpa’s right.

“Grandpa, she’s so annoying. I don’t know why she’s so rude.” He was about to weep. His grandpa tapped his shoulders, showing that he understands him.

“You will understand it in the right time son. Just wait for the right time.” He understands his grandfather but he can’t wait until he grows up. He wanted to know the reason why. Oh,  what an innocent mind the poor kid has.

That night, they ate their dinner together and excitedly, they headed to their own room—Scarlet and Chris’. They used to sleep together in one bed.

The two kids sat firmly. Ready to hear the most beautiful bedtime story.

“Okay, what story do you want to hear now?” Their grandma asked in a calm tone.

“The ones you always used to tell, grandma.” Scarlet volunteered. Chris rolled his eyes off her. We used to hear that story a ‘hundred times!’ He protested in his mind. But of course he wouldn’t say that to Scarlet, because even though he would, she would always be the leader. His grandma saw that, she just chuckled at his reaction.

“But deary, you two heard it a hundred times.” Grandma said. Scarlet exhaled a heavy sigh. That’s the problem, it’s just a hundred times, she wanted it to be a million. Or a billion.

“But granny...” She frowned. “Grandpa and yours story is the best! I want to hear it again and again and again. I won’t get bored, I promise!!” She even raised her right hand, proving that she will surely do what she said.

“Alright then.” Without any hesitation, her grandma started to tell their story. Again.

“And so, I went back to Florida, because I think I am ready to marry your grandpa John. I thought it was because I already reached my hopes. But I was wrong. Your grandpa,” The old lady held her husband’s hand. Scarlet listened eagerly, same as Chris too. He can’t deny the fact that he also wants to hear that story again and again. He wants to hear them, endlessly.

“Yes? Yes?” Scarlet answered in unison. She was so excited, she can’t wait.

“He followed me, dear. It was my wedding day, I thought my life is going to be more miserable as it was. But then he came and I never expected that he would be my groom. Oh... How I thought it would be your grandpa John and I’s wedding, but I guess it turned out as your grandpa France and I’s wedding. I was happy, contented, and complete. He was a big part of me that when he leaves, the other part of me won’t be ever completed again without him. You will also feel that in the right time my grandchilds’, you sure will.” Of course because they were still young, she didn’t tell them about the honeymoon. That would be a questionnaire for them if she ever told that. Scarlet was amazed, so she nodded. Still wanting to hear more. But it was already late in the evening. They could continue it tomorrow or the next weekend.

“Okay, time for bed.” Grandma stood up. Disappointment appeared on their faces but they agreed, because they were sleepy–too. “Good night my children. You will know that too—when you grow up, soon.”

-------x

It wasn’t always the end. Because there will always be a next chapter of their lives.

A new heart wrecking story begins.

------x

‘Wag palampasin ang author’s note! -MyGirlyGirl